hemorrhoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Well now they’ve started to bleed. :sad:

Mine used to do that often, Rocky's advice is very good also. My solution worked for me and has for others I know, but safety first is a great idea, my doctors never could figure out why Drapolene worked for me, but they did admit it was certainly not doing any harm.

Drago

Legendary Member
How long before this turns into another pun thread?

020_04012014_09-43.png

postman

Legendary Member
Get to the GP.I had itching 15-20 years ago,drove me mad,woke my self up scratting.Off to the docs he sent me to Harrogate Hospital.Great bloke there,said they we massive and we allowing fluid to escape ,so causing itching.Rubber banded them and they went away.Get to the docs as soon as possible.Don't worry about nurses they have seen everything shapes and sizes.Anyway you lay on your side facing away from the team.Get gone.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I may know someone who had them. Apply the right cream daily and they will go. Will take a few weeks at least.

screenman

Legendary Member
Get to the GP.I had itching 15-20 years ago,drove me mad,woke my self up scratting.Off to the docs he sent me to Harrogate Hospital.Great bloke there,said they we massive and we allowing fluid to escape ,so causing itching.Rubber banded them and they went away.Get to the docs as soon as possible.Don't worry about nurses they have seen everything shapes and sizes.Anyway you lay on your side facing away from the team.Get gone.

You were getting along fine then until you used the word "team"

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Diet as well. A bowl of All Bran each morning keeps things, shall we say, moving. As a younger man I was thus afflicted. I had a treatment once, not surgery but some sort of injection where half hour after the treatment, I lost control of my legs!
Thankfully, and touch wood, the have been a long time gone. A veggie diet may have helped me but you cannot be sure.

Well now they’ve started to bleed. :sad:
Is this a man thing? Making your life hell, and now bleeding. What to do? What to do? I know, ask the internet!

Whatever condition ticks those two boxes, go see your GP

Then maybe come back here to discuss home and OTC remedies, but get a doctor to look at it first.

(Partial TMN to @vickster)

Last edited:
[QUOTE 5120372, member: 9609"]The latest advice is to consult the internet first
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...mends-dr-google-first-time-bid-ease-pressure/
so asking on a forum seems to be the first port of call[/QUOTE]
They don't mean asking random strangers for medical advice, they mean checking sites like this
When to seek medical advice
See your GP if you have persistent or severe symptoms of haemorrhoids. You should always get any rectal bleeding checked so your doctor can rule out more potentially serious causes.

which is what I said. The description of the OP is severe and he's bleeding, which is when I said it was time talk to a doctor. I bet the RCGPs agrees with me.

Maenchi

StoneDog
A friend of mine had their haemorrhoids sorted by an operation at the hospital, they had to sit on a rubber ring for a while after, but the problem was sorted permanently ..

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
After the online research mine is nowhere near as bad as Some of the horrific sights I’ve seen. I always eat branny foods plus fruit and veg. More water will probably help.

PK99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5120372, member: 9609"]The latest advice is to consult the internet first
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...mends-dr-google-first-time-bid-ease-pressure/
so asking on a forum seems to be the first port of call

it does sort of contradict the message from 2 months earlier though
https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/doctors-gps-dr-google-patient-list/

personally I think wiseing up from the internet before taking any expert advice is a worthwhile move, having some knowledge on a subject helps in asking the right questions.[/QUOTE]

There is a huge difference between googling symptoms and looking at NHS choices - very loose reporting/headlining by the Telegraph.

Top Bottom