hemorrhoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
What upsets me is I always have all bran and fruit/veg but this still happened. In fact I haven’t had a hard poop since 1998. I never strain etc. I’m putting it down to cold weather cycling.

It is said that cold surfaces can make this happen, certainly. I hope you feel better soon. I've always found the cream effective anaesthetic.

A few doses of 600mg ibuprofen should help with shrinkage. Take with food

byegad

Legendary Member
The old farmer's can literally be a PITA. Having suffered occasionally I can attest to the fact that a recumbent certainly puts less pressure on them.

Milzy, please take decisive action to address the issue.

A hemorrhoid is basically a stretched vein. In the majority of cases caused by straining when having a BM.

You probably caused the damage pre 1998. It can seem like they are gone when there are no problems for years.

I originally had piles around 18 years of age. Bad diet/lifestyle choices-BM straining. They would come & go over the next 30 odd years, very slowing getting gradually worse with the passing of time.

These days I have a very healthy diet & lifestyle but the damage was done.

On the 1st Nov 2017 the thrombosed pile I had caused me the most severe pain I have ever endured in my entire life. I collapsed at the GP surgery. (I was immediately put on 8 tramadol per day taken with paracetamol)

11 weeks ago I had surgery to have them dealt with. There are about 4 types of treatment depending on severity. I needed the surgeon's scalpel.

If I could turn back the clock I wish I had dealt with them in 1979 with level 1 treatment. I also wished I had drank much more water with every meal.

Ice used on piles is very painful indeed. Much better to use very warm water in a Sitz bath for under a tenner. They fit in the toilet seat. Here is my review after using it.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/review/B006679MHS/RNBHKTIQS2AJI

If you have questions or there is anything at all, I will do whatever I can to help. I don't want anyone to go through what I did.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Milzy, please take decisive action to address the issue.

A hemorrhoid is basically a stretched vein. In the majority of cases caused by straining when having a BM.

You probably caused the damage pre 1998. It can seem like they are gone when there are no problems for years.

I originally had piles around 18 years of age. Bad diet/lifestyle choices-BM straining. They would come & go over the next 30 odd years, very slowing getting gradually worse with the passing of time.

These days I have a very healthy diet & lifestyle but the damage was done.

On the 1st Nov 2017 the thrombosed pile I had caused me the most severe pain I have ever endured in my entire life. I collapsed at the GP surgery. (I was immediately put on 8 tramadol per day taken with paracetamol)

11 weeks ago I had surgery to have them dealt with. There are about 4 types of treatment depending on severity. I needed the surgeon's scalpel.

If I could turn back the clock I wish I had dealt with them in 1979 with level 1 treatment. I also wished I had drank much more water with every meal.

Ice used on piles is very painful indeed. Much better to use very warm water in a Sitz bath for under a tenner. They fit in the toilet seat. Here is my review after using it.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/review/B006679MHS/RNBHKTIQS2AJI

If you have questions or there is anything at all, I will do whatever I can to help. I don't want anyone to go through what I did.
Thanks. I’ve never strained with BM ever. The pain has eased off now since having 3 warm baths a day and bleeding has gone to very minimal. Hopefully things will keep getting better. The postman is bringing some a$$ cream today. I won’t get on the bike for a while. I can manage running.

Annoyingly, sometimes soft stools can make them inflamed too.

I had mine checked but doc said they were nothing serious as they were not bleeding, and would just be annoying. I've had them since my teens too...

As there's no 'cure' except surgery the trick was to keep them cool and let them sort themselves out. Since then I found a cold pack (blue Gel) between the cheeks helps a great deal, with a bit of cotton between it and the piles. This seems to calm them down, and then they sort themselves out after a while. When I have to go out I found Hametum suppositories seem to be most effective at getting them calm. Dunno if they are available for you though...

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Annoyingly, sometimes soft stools can make them inflamed too.

I had mine checked but doc said they were nothing serious as they were not bleeding, and would just be annoying. I've had them since my teens too...

As there's no 'cure' except surgery the trick was to keep them cool and let them sort themselves out. Since then I found a cold pack (blue Gel) between the cheeks helps a great deal, with a bit of cotton between it and the piles. This seems to calm them down, and then they sort themselves out after a while. When I have to go out I found Hametum suppositories seem to be most effective at getting them calm. Dunno if they are available for you though...
Thing is they’re not bad enough for surgery and I’m not putting things up my jacksie. I’m a giver not a taker.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thing is they’re not bad enough for surgery and I’m not putting things up my jacksie. I’m a giver not a taker.
How do you know they aren't? Did a doctor / surgeon tell you that?

And seriously ref suppositories :rolleyes::banghead:

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
How do you know they aren't? Did a doctor / surgeon tell you that?

And seriously ref suppositories :rolleyes::banghead:
Im keeping a close eye on things. The warm salt baths are doing some good.

PK99

Legendary Member

Yep, and interesting experience:

30000501.jpg

But the pain relief given is worth it!

Top Bottom