Here's one for discussion...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Eat MY Dust said:
Other than staying upright, what great skills is he showing?
Exactly what I was wondering. Can't see anything particularly skillful about what he's doing... unless 'riding like a knobhead' is considered skillful. :biggrin:

Molecule Man said:
<snip>

Basically, a twat is a twat, whether they are walking, cycling or driving a car.

Apologies for the language there, I guess I've spent too much time reading the Guardian forums.
Don't apologise. That says it far more concisely than I did. :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Actually I would say he does have some skill. He is showing a fair amount of 'thinking ahead'. He is reading the road ahead quite well and reacting to it. He must be doing this reasonably well to still be alive today.

However, he is a complete muppet. In one of his videos he appears to cycle into a school. He's not a teacher surely!?:biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
magnatom said:
Actually I would say he does have some skill. He is showing a fair amount of 'thinking ahead'. He is reading the road ahead quite well and reacting to it. He must be doing this reasonably well to still be alive today.

However, he is a complete muppet. In one of his videos he appears to cycle into a school. He's not a teacher surely!?:biggrin:

I laughed at the video category: Education !! More like a guide on how NOT to abide by the Highway Code and the relevant laws.

Is it just me getting old, or is the urge to start pushing these arses off their bikes as they swerve by me on pavements perfectly rational ?

Just saw the vid, impressive he managed to avoid everything and his music choice is good, it summed up his riding style, muppet like. Like goo I also had a laugh when I saw it was classified "Education". PS his other videos demonstrate a similar style or lack of.

alp1950

Just seen the Brixton video: he's going to get himself creamed very soon.

Agree, it looks as though he may be a teacher, in which case he should be sacked for gross irresponsible & inconsiderate behaviour.

Graham O

alp1950 said:
Just seen the Brixton video: he's going to get himself creamed very soon.

Agree, it looks as though he may be a teacher, in which case he should be sacked for gross irresponsible & inconsiderate behaviour.

Sorry Alp, but that really does sound pompous. How does this affect his ability to teach and motivate children? If they knew their teacher was riding like this, they would probably think him very "cool". And remember that teachers are not the only adults who work at schools.

However, he does have some interesting strategies for dealing with traffic. At about 4 minutes in the Brixton commute video, rather than jumping a red light and joining traffic at right angles, he goes over to the other side of the road, swings round until he is travelling in the same direction as the traffic and is able to join at a much shallower and safer angle. The guy may be making illegal manoeuvres, but some of his riding implies a very good understanding of the road.

Jake

without getting into a argument, if kids thought their cool teacher was cycling like that, surely they would think its cool to weave from the left to the wrong side of the road into on coming traffic, jumping onto pavements etc. Hangon, i;ve seen little hoodie kids doing just that a few weeks ago. Perhaps he is a teacher! and a dam aweful one on impressionable young kids - all hypothetical of course.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I can admire the skill - and yes there is skill - and even the bravado. I don't even have any real problem with him screwing around with the traffic: if anyone's going to get mashed, it's him. But anyone who views the pavement as within their domain when they're on wheels is an peanut as far as I'm concerned. Pavements are for pedestrians, period.

alp1950

Graham O said:
Sorry Alp, but that really does sound pompous. How does this affect his ability to teach and motivate children? If they knew their teacher was riding like this, they would probably think him very "cool". And remember that teachers are not the only adults who work at schools.

He might be the greatest motivational teacher in the world- doesn't change the fact that his cycling is irresponsible & puts pedestrians and other road users at risk.

Most professional bodies expect their members to maintain certain values inside & outside their professional lives. What would happen to a teacher convicted of drunk driving- chances are high that they would face dismissal. Cycling without due care & attention (or whatever the charge would be) might not carry the same degree of opprobrium, but look at the Brixton video- this guy subjects other road users & pedestrians to considerable risk. The lack of respect he patently holds for other people makes me question (if he happens to be a teacher) whether he should be in charge of impressionable young kids.

Hypothetical of course- he might be the nit nurse for all we know. :eek:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Hmm, his profile says he's Australian. Are the laws different in Aus? Is this actually filmed in blighty?

The guy is a cock though.

Top Bottom