Hermes has rebranded

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Any of you ordered stuff for Christmas but not received it yet and doubtful you'll get it in time? I'm tempted to order a certain hat, but the seller is based in mainland Europe so no way will it arrive this week, but I'm not in a rush so...... I've been hearing stories on the radio about missing parcels and wrong deliveries, like the bloke who ordered a laptop and received two packs of dog food.:rolleyes: A friend of mine is waiting for goods worth over £500, but after 2 weeks and no news she's worried now that they might've been stolen or sent to the wrong address and the receiver has just kept them.🤔

I have ordered (and received) about a dozen items, via Amazon, Ebay, and other online sellers, all most have arrived no problem, via various couriers (DPD, Evri, Amazon) the exceptions are:

- CountryFile Calendars, ordered about 4 weeks ago, on behalf of an elderly relative, as Christmas gifts. There were three orders, one for delivery to Australia It has arrived), one for delivery to North Yorkshire (it has arrived), and, one for delivery to Tyne and Wear, which has disappeared into the Royal Mail black hole.

- Healthfood supplements, three products, one product arrived within a couple of days, as usual. The other two, it would seem have disappeared into the Royal Mail black hole.

From now on I shall refuse to buy from any online seller who delivers via Royal Mail.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Must be a regional or even local thing, but I have always had good service from Royal Mail and DPD.. EVRI, on the other hand, are a completely shambolic waste of space - to the point that I now will not buy anything from ChainReaction as they insist on sending orders out with EVRI..

Alex321

Veteran
Must be a regional or even local thing, but I have always had good service from Royal Mail and DPD.. EVRI, on the other hand, are a completely shambolic waste of space - to the point that I now will not buy anything from ChainReaction as they insist on sending orders out with EVRI..

I wouldn't even say it is as wide as regional. Evri seem to be very delivery person specific, and you can get good and bad within the same depot.

We've been lucky, and had no problems with ours in three different locations (two while they were still Hermes) over the last 10+ years.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
The EVRi Pick-up-from-a-local-shop arrangement has worked well for us for a couple of items recently – efficient, quick and very convenient. Was better than getting delivered to house.

Sending a parcel to Leeds, OTOH, has been frustrating:
– booked and paid for online ... but no email confirmation with Barcode to print the label in the shop :whistle:
– tried again (and paid again) next day... still no email confirmation :ohmy:
– took Tracking Number to shop to print out address label; no can do without the Barcode :cursing:
– finally used little keypad in shop to start another Send transaction, provide details, pay (again) and print address label. SUCCESS !
Another customer was printing his label out from a Barcode and I asked him how he had done it - on line or via the phone App: APP, so maybe that works better.

As long as the parcel arrives in a day or 2 :unsure:, I'll be happy... with the refunds for my Cancelled orders ...

Last edited:
I ordered a log splitter via eBay from a place in the Midlands, and it was going to be delivered by Evri, in their previous incarnation.
I got a tracking number from the seller.
Next day I saw that it had been collected from the seller.
Then nothing happened for about two weeks, and I was getting a bit antsy about it.
Clearly, the item had been collected from the seller, or there would not have been a tracking number.
After two weeks, I was just in the process of getting onto eBay to raise a dispute, when my neighbour knocked to tell me that, whilst I had been out that morning, a courier had tried to deliver something to me, but she had taken it in as I was out.
But according to the tracking, the item was still only at the stage of having been collected from the seller.......
At least it's a good log splitter!

Top Bottom