Hermes has rebranded

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
MrsP is waiting for a parcel today. 4.30 to 7pm was the delivery slot. At 7.05 she recieved an email from Hermes/Evri saying sorry, but there is a delay. No mention of when the parcel will be delivered though.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Well it didn’t last.

A package sent on May 9th still hasn’t arrived. Last status update was on the 12th saying it is at my local depot. Sender is getting nowhere try to chase it up.

We're fortunate in that the lady who delivers our parcels on their last leg from local depot to our door lives locally. Her delivery vehicle is a VW Camper van which she decorates at Christmas and Easter. I've been stopped by her on occasion when out and about locally to let me know there's a parcel on board and should she leave it by the back door. It's a chain from shop to customer and things can go adrift at the various hubs and depots in between, but it's nice to know that if she receives it then we're sure to get it.

ChrisKz

I will probably get shot down for this , but I have no problems with Hermes . maybe 1 day late etc because of covid . But in all the years I have never had a parcel lost by Hermes . Maybe because I live in the Countryside and the Courier is local . Never had any parcels from any couriers stolen either .

I will probably get shot down for this , but I have no problems with Hermes . maybe 1 day late etc because of covid . But in all the years I have never had a parcel lost by Hermes . Maybe because I live in the Countryside and the Courier is local . Never had any parcels from any couriers stolen either .

That's probably because the couriers are made responsible for any parcels they carry: if it goes 'missing' after officially leaving the depot the company assumes the courier is responsible and they have to pay for it.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
MrsP is waiting for a parcel today. 4.30 to 7pm was the delivery slot. At 7.05 she recieved an email from Hermes/Evri saying sorry, but there is a delay. No mention of when the parcel will be delivered though.
@Paulus has the parcel been delivered :laugh::laugh::laugh:

byegad

Legendary Member
A lot depends on the local courier. Mine's great, as was the courier-but-one who is now back performing on cruise ships. The one in-between however was utterly hopeless and never found the house most days.

Totally agree. Our present guy is great but we've had some utter twits delivering for them in the past.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Our local courier is great - she's changed her car from a lime green one to a grey golf, but we can hear her coming (loud music). Only issue is the rest of the chain before it get's to the local delivery. I'v had something posted on Tuesday from Macclesfield just 10 miles from my house). It should have been here on Wednesday - still no sign, and tracking says at the National Hub since Tuesday. I could have walked to Macc and back quicker.

My Mrs employer uses them for deliveries, and if everyone else is getting bad deliveries like we've had, they are shocking for bigger orders. A rattan patio set, in 3 boxes arrived one by one over a two week period - god knows where they went, and the main package had to be sent again - i.e. one was 'lost'. :ohmy:

gbb

Legendary Member
Hermes driver was delivering in all this heat so I asked him if he wanted a bottle of water. When he said yes please....I dropkick the bottle over the neighbours fence, it landed in their rose bush and I told him...there you go, I've left it in a designated safe space for you 👍

byegad

Legendary Member
No complaints at all with my deliveries from Hermes DPD or Yodel. The last couple of years ParcelForce has become very unreliable with my flour deliveries. They blame it on Covid. Don't the other firms get Covid?

Parcel Farce 'delivered to a safe place' some plants, clearly marked as such onto our South facing front step, and 'put a card' through our front door. At noon on the hottest day we have ever had in the UK. We were in, there was no knock at the door, let alone ringing the sodding bell! Needless to say, no card was put through the door. :sun::banghead::sun::banghead::sun::banghead:

Luckily I went out to check on something in my car, otherwise out plants would have been fried.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Got an email to say they tried to deliver on Thursday but I wasn't in, so they will be delivering on Friday. Changed my plans and stayed in Friday,... Hey presto no delivery. Stayed in for no reason and still haven't got my stuff

Mike_P

Guru
Three items ordered last week. Parcelforce delivered theirs midday Monday followed by Yodel late afternoon albeit that was apparently left in a safe place, doorstep with me opening the door. Evri meanwhile had theirs with local courier on Fri and at various hubs since. Presumably by local courier they meant the collecting courier.

Venod

Eh up
I don't mind them putting stuff IN the bin, at least it's out of view, but leaving it in full view and not even telling you is so infuriating

I too don't mind them putting stuff in the bin, but they must leave a note where it is, the wife's parcel a brown carboard box was put in the recycle bin, they didn't leave a note, so it went for recycling, she did complain and got a replacement, I can't remember the courier but they no longer deliver the same parcel, the packages are now delivered by the post office.

Top Bottom