Hermes has rebranded

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OldShep

Über Member
No complaints at all with my deliveries from Hermes DPD or Yodel. The last couple of years ParcelForce has become very unreliable with my flour deliveries. They blame it on Covid. Don't the other firms get Covid?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Never had a problem with Hermes/Evri.

Similarly, never had a problem with Yodel, Amazon, DPD, in fact, any service except Royal Mail,
Strange that as I always get good service from Royal Mail here.

OP
OP
Peter Salt

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Our local lady is outstandingly good, pops our parcels by the back door if we’re out. She always waves when out and about in her van, and dresses up at Christmas and easter. 🐰🤶
That's good to hear.

All of my local Hermes couriers act like clowns but never dress as one.

Over the last 5 years I had hundreds of deliveries and every time there's an issue - literally every time - it's Hermes. Managed to avoid them for the past 8-9 months as I've told retailers that they either ship with someone else or can cancel the order. Got caught off guard last week because of the rebrand - i.e. the retailer told me they shipped with Evri and not Hermes. Wouldn't you guess - the next day delivery was initially lost, then they tried faking a delivery attempt and eventually delivered 4 days late. Told the courier he can go whistle, asked for a refund and got it.

Many years ago I used to work for a large Mail Order company that had its own delivery subsiduary - it eventually became Yodel
(whoa re wonderful - won;t hear a word against them - at least not until my pension stop being dependant on the company -hopefully later this year!!!)

Anyway - at one point they decided to change their branding - same name but differnet corporate colours and graphics on the vans

They decided on 3 ducks flying together - the fronone was on the door on the smaller vans - the type with a sliding door

At the great unveiling and presentation to the functionaries at the depot they demonstrated the sliding door - at which point a lot of the drivers fell about laughing as the 2nd duck flew up the front ducks backside
The graphics where changed and it was made a sacking offense to refer to them as "Hilda Ogden's ducks"

anyway - a little aside - vaguely relevant

back to topic before I get told off (like I do on another forum that is rather strict!!!)

postman

Legendary Member
I can remember a plan to rename Royal Mail to Consignia I wonder what ever happened to them.

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Delivery by them today

Pros

Arrived a day earlier than the emails

Cons

It arrived a day earlier than they’d said, thus I’d made no special arrangements to be around today

They lobbed it over the back gate (not locked) . Luckily it’s some running legging, thus nothing damaged.

It’s only because the recycling bin had spilled its contents into the garden that I noticed the parcel by the gate when picking up the bin contents .

Top Bottom