Hermes has rebranded

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
A lot depends on the local courier. Mine's great, as was the courier-but-one who is now back performing on cruise ships. The one in-between however was utterly hopeless and never found the house most days.
Ours is too, she really is very good and very reliable

mustang1

Legendary Member
A lot depends on the local courier. Mine's great, as was the courier-but-one who is now back performing on cruise ships. The one in-between however was utterly hopeless and never found the house most days.
Yeah I have to say my local hermes deliveries are a-ok. (As are DPD and some others too).

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Had my first Evri delivery yesterday for ages. Found the box next to my bin by total accident. No card through the door. It had been outside all night. Absolutely shocking service. Luckily it wasn't perishable.

I don't mind them putting stuff IN the bin, at least it's out of view, but leaving it in full view and not even telling you is so infuriating

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Had my first Evri delivery yesterday for ages. Found the box next to my bin by total accident. No card through the door. It had been outside all night. Absolutely shocking service. Luckily it wasn't perishable.

I don't mind them putting stuff IN the bin, at least it's out of view, but leaving it in full view and not even telling you is so infuriating

Yes, I agree..... but.... didn't you know you had ordered something, and, were expecting a delivery? I still get caught out if grandchildren send me something I wasn't expecting.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Yes, I agree..... but.... didn't you know you had ordered something, and, were expecting a delivery? I still get caught out if grandchildren send me something I wasn't expecting.
I had ordered a few things from a few different places. Amzon and fleabay. Fleabay is most unpredictable as some come through in 2 days, others take 7. It wasn't tracked either. I got an e-mail to say something had been delivered (actually delivered, not left in "safe" place) so I assumed it was the parcel that I was in for and took by hand

Reactions: C R

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Often we get an email telling us something has been delivered but in fact it has only arrived at the Glasgow depot and takes another few day before it actually appears here.

Alex321

Veteran
My experience of Hermes has been pretty good. The first one since the rebrand, they attempted to deliver yesterday, when we were out. Took it away, and came back today. Previously, as Hermes, they would just have left it on the front doorstep. Given the low crime level here, that was actually Ok by us (it is most commonly books from Postscript).

I spent several years previously working for a publisher of educational books, which we sold both retail and wholesale. In our experience, by far the worst delivery company was Yodel. They generated more than twice as many customer complaints as any other we used.

Svendo

Guru
I, for one, welcome the rebranding of a flailing company. It raises my hopes that the new brand will bring new brand values yet retain the brand loyalty of their established customer base.
Does anyone have a spare can of koolaid, mine seems to be empty.
<pedantry mode> It was Flavoraid at Jonestown </pedantry mode>

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Just had my first delivery, today, by the rebranded Hermes (Evri). Absolutely fine, just as it was before they "re-branded".

Had a delivery via Parcelforce, yesterday, absolutely no problem.

It would be interesting to hear the view of delivery drivers. I bet they could exceed 3 pages of gripes about customers and their addresses.

My most recent interaction with a Hermes driver was due to a mix-up at the depot; I forget the details but he'd tried to deliver a package, hadn't found my apartment, which is actually quite difficult unless you know where it is, and sent it back to the depot. A computer mixup meant he was sent an automatic email saying it was missing (it wasn't) and he would have to pay the value of the package if he couldn't prove it was delivered. He knew where the package was but it was stuck in the system for 24 hours and he couldn't get to it, and if I'd sent an enquiry in the meantime he'd be in trouble.
It took several texts and a photo of the package on front of my post box, and my message saying it had arrived before he was out of trouble, all over two tubes of paint I couldn't get locally.
He came across as a really nice bloke, I wish I could have invited him for a coffee; as it was all he got out of the extra work was not disciplined.

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
I don’t want to sound like Victor Meldrew but endless posts saying they received their parcel this morning are meaningless, that’s their job and most arrive without issue, however I have had problems with lost parcels, late deliveries and damaged items, their delivery drivers don’t seem to give toss and customer service is absolutely non-existent, let’s hope they invest some money into improving their back end functions. A change of name won’t make any difference if the culture at Hermes remains the same.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So Hermes, sorry Evri delivered a parcel to me today from Wiggle.
The driver decided to leave it in front of our outside communal doorway so anyone could have just picked it up and walk away with it. Luckily I saw the email, called one of my neighbours and they took it in.
We have a trade button from 9.30am to 2.30pm. Parcel delivered at 1pm.
Lazy feckwit arsewipe driver. Hermes/Evri, nothings changed.

1649860858046.png

Top Bottom