Hermes has rebranded

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Our EVRI courier is fantastic, on a morning they work for a local florist and then on an afternoon they do the Evri courier work. If we are not in they leave it in a safe place and ask if we will take in a neighbours parcel. Very friendly and even comes to your house if you text him to pick up returns parcels from some shops.

si_c

Guru
I too don't mind them putting stuff in the bin, but they must leave a note where it is, the wife's parcel a brown carboard box was put in the recycle bin, they didn't leave a note, so it went for recycling, she did complain and got a replacement, I can't remember the courier but they no longer deliver the same parcel, the packages are now delivered by the post office.

Putting it in the bin is not a successful delivery to my mind, nor is leaving it on the front step and marking it as handed to the occupant. In both instances the item hasn't been delivered, it's been dumped.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Putting it in the bin is not a successful delivery to my mind, nor is leaving it on the front step and marking it as handed to the occupant. In both instances the item hasn't been delivered, it's been dumped.

Personally, I would rather have parcel left in bin/at door (with card through letterbox to say it is there), than have faff about with re-delivery. Can’t please everybody I suppose.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m lucky that I have a front porch. If I’m in or expecting a parcel, its open. when I got home from pedalling last night, there were two parcels waiting happily on the mat (and I had texts saying they’d been delivered) (one Evri, one DHL)

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
A few weeks ago I ordered a new rucksack from Black's. Paid extra £1 for next day delivery bringing total delivery cost to £5.95

Next morning I had text from Evri saying the parcel had reached Preston at 7.02am - and there it stayed.

No way to contact them.

Black's couldn't get an answer either.

At 8. 04pm the FOLLOWING day I get a text from Evri saying my parcel was on its way.

10 minutes later it arrived!

Rubbish service.

Black's refunded all my delivery charge not just the £1 uplift - result!

Mike_P

Guru
Evri turned up this morning whilst out so left the box with 2 litres of floor paint in it on doorstep which is partially screened by a shrub.

As everyone probably knows Evri is the same farce as it's previous incarnation. I needed a new freehub body but the shop couldn't source it direct as it's a Prime one so I ordered one from CRC for delivery to the shop.
I got an email at circa 5pm Friday to say the courier had it.
I got another email Fri at 10pm to say that they were going to attempt delivery on the same Friday between 5 and 7pm. The shop closed at 5.30pm and we're now at 10pm, impossible to reschedule it :scratch:
After going to bed I got an email at 4am Saturday to say they had indeed delivered it at 6.55pm on Friday and took a blurry photo of a hand on top of a counter receiving it. How the bike shop was shut. Perhaps the mechanic was still in the shop (they did say they were busy) :scratch:
When the shop opened this morning I sent them a polite email to ask if it had arrived. But they said it hadn't. Then it dawned on me that the convenience store next door to the bike shop would have been open at 6.55pm. They had indeed taken delivery but forgot they had. EVRI had no instructions to deliver it to next door and a re delivery should have taken place in working hours :thumbsdown:
If it had been redelivered on Saturday perhaps the mechanic could have made a start but then again they are busy.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Any of you ordered stuff for Christmas but not received it yet and doubtful you'll get it in time? I'm tempted to order a certain hat, but the seller is based in mainland Europe so no way will it arrive this week, but I'm not in a rush so...... I've been hearing stories on the radio about missing parcels and wrong deliveries, like the bloke who ordered a laptop and received two packs of dog food.:rolleyes: A friend of mine is waiting for goods worth over £500, but after 2 weeks and no news she's worried now that they might've been stolen or sent to the wrong address and the receiver has just kept them.🤔

bobzmyunkle

I (inadvertently, but my own fault) ordered from Germany. After about about 5 days, I got a tracking update saying Evri had the order at the delivery depot and would deliver it the next day. It turned up 3 1/2 weeks later. The supplier and Evri made excuses about postal strikes, Christmas etc. A parcel from m&s took 3 days, delivered by Evri on the same day as my German parcel. Same Evri courier but about 1 hour apart.

No nothing, with the postal strikes I'm getting no mail for a few days then several things turn up at once. Amazon have warned me when I have looked at things they might not arrive until after Christmas.

I went to my local(ish) shopping place earlier and the car park was rammed, I think a lot of people have switched back to on foot rather than on line shopping.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Our EVRI courier is fantastic, on a morning they work for a local florist and then on an afternoon they do the Evri courier work. If we are not in they leave it in a safe place and ask if we will take in a neighbours parcel. Very friendly and even comes to your house if you text him to pick up returns parcels from some shops.

Same here, but in a different part of the country? Ours worked out who is on the school run and when, and therefore wouldn't turn up at the front door when my wife wasn't going to be in.

Top Bottom