Hey Laurence: I'll see your squirrel and raise you a goat!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Last year a blue tit kept coming up to our window then veering off at the last moment. Stupid tit. Then a wren made a nest in a hole in the shed wall (missing brick) right next to where out builder was sawing up stone and wood and making one heck of a noise... it had some little babies though. Love it when the housemartins come back... (no, not the band, though they were good too)

Arch

Married to Night Train
One year, my Mum was watching some newly fledged blue tits, following thier Mum (or Dad?) around, still being fed odds and ends. At one point all three fledglings landed on the washing line and after a beautifully timed comic pause, one of them lost balance and ended up dangling upside down by it's feet. Apparently the other two gave it a look as if to say "oh, really, do behave, you're embarassing!":biggrin:

if it's going for the bottom part of the window i'd guess it's territorial and he's seeing his reflection against the dark of the plant pots. it could be going for the plants, but unlikely, unless they are trees! you could try putting patterned paper or something on the pots to break up the reflection. white paper might do it too.

Crackle... it's one of the main rules of photography. the other week i didn't have my 500mm lens... great views of a woodpecker in the open, but too far away. one day i didn't unpack my camera... water vole on a bank, look up and see a woodpecker on top of a tree quite close by, into a hide and a water rail swan right past and even looked through the window at me. it's the law. mind you, herons common as muck round these parts - chick killing lumbering creatures that they are.

fnaar... i saw sand martins yesterday. i spotted at least two, there were reports of ten. they're on their way. wrens are pretty noisy themselves... sometimes birds know it's safer to build near working humans - look at the amount of cases of unusual nest locations that come up. it means there less likelihood of predators such as hawks, foxes, etc.

GC Grebelets!!!!! where, let me see them!!!! Swans do like showing off their babes, just don't get too close (unless the swan is your friend).

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Aha! Paydirt. No buzzards on poles though or Poles. Thanks Arch. That was such a poor joke I'm not going to PM you my link to an elephant on a trampoline.

We'll start with a Deer, not an old dear mind.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Crackle said:
Aha! Paydirt. No buzzards on poles though or Poles. Thanks Arch. That was such a poor joke I'm not going to PM you my link to an elephant on a trampoline.

We'll start with a Deer, not an old dear mind.

:smile:

that's a really good shot... you've got three deer, all very different (is it a male, female and young?). it also shows how well their coats enable them to blend in, if they were lying down they would be very hard to spot. nice natural habitat shot, sir.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Arch said:

Oh allright then. Let me find it again.

ok... i'll bring out the heavy guns

a baby dinosaur! spotted on the pavement next to my flats.

2342773989_7286cfa619.jpg

i have no idea! it's only a couple of inches long and appears to have been flattened. there's no water source for nearly a mile, so no idea where it came from - although there have been toads down the high street, which is pretty close.

there's also an acorn outside my (third floor) front door. i assume this was from a jay, so maybe the dino was dropped by a bird too.

Top Bottom