Hey Laurence: I'll see your squirrel and raise you a goat!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
tuftys are quite shy... but bread usually does the trick to lure them closer. they have a habit of diving just as you take the shot though

OP
OP
C

Crackle

This is definetly a cheat, because I took it years ago but I was just scanning some slides in, including this one. Taken on a trip to Staffa, which I thoroughly recommend if you get the chance.

Staffa%20Puffin.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
For the awww factor (or maybe the arghhhh factor :wacko: )...look at this little one...

DSC_0533.jpg

Hopping round my patio this morning. Just going out to work, i had to run like the clappers to get the camera and snap him before he disappeared.
Hope he's made it...ugly little blighter :biggrin:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

gbb said:
Hopping round my patio this morning. Just going out to work, i had to run like the clappers to get the camera and snap him before he disappeared.
Hope he's made it...ugly little blighter :wacko:

Is it a young 'un. Could it fly? If they fall out the nest too early they often don't survive :biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Has anyone actually heard from Laurence since March?

gbb

Legendary Member
tdr1nka said:
Has anyone actually heard from Laurence since March?

I did ping him a few weeks ago, but didnt see a reply. But, i think i saw he'd posted maybe a week or so ago...but then, maybe i saw an old post, not sure now :tongue:

If you're out there Laurence....;)

gbb

Legendary Member
Crackle said:
Is it a young 'un. Could it fly? If they fall out the nest too early they often don't survive :sad:

I suspect he'd fallen from the nest :wacko:. He had a lot of down around his beak, didnt look very mature, although his wings and tail were fairly well feathered.
I feared looking at him, there wouldnt be much of a chance, but thats the ugly side of nature :sad:

gbb

Legendary Member
A pair of wrens nesting in a hide in our local country park....bloomin fast, took me ages to put these together, and missed a good few as well...too bloomin fast :blush:

wren.jpg

wren3.jpg

wren2.jpg

wren1.jpg

Arch

Married to Night Train
That last pic is crying out for a LOLCAT type caption...

Yeah, I worry about Laurence. He wasn't too happy last time he was on.

Top Bottom