Hey Maggers, I cycled on the pavement today..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
See

IMGP1203.jpg

Now I've confessed what should my penance be?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
That's not strictly cycling though, you should be fine (or fined and beaten to within an inch of your life).

:laugh:

Maybe I should take a break from the forum (a la Joe24) and come back and troll you till you beg for mercy.....;)

OP
OP
C

Crackle

magnatom said:
;)

Maybe I should take a break from the forum (a la Joe24) and come back and troll you till you beg for mercy.....:blush:

Can you not hear me, I've been begging for mercy for ages :laugh: Beside I question your ability to get under my skin now ;) Not that that's an invite to try mind.

A menial and insignificant crime, compared with the real and ultimate transgression.........

A single pannier!

How could you?

purplepolly

Cunobelin said:
A menial and insignificant crime, compared with the real and ultimate transgression.........

A single pannier!

How could you?

A sure sign of taste, refinement and common sense amd it's even on the correct side. A left hand pannier is a sure way to get toppled over into the gutter.

In a perfect world every cyclist would only use single panniers, however I do recognise that sometimes two are necessary in order to carry large loads.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I feel your trivialising my crime with this talk of single panniers which are of coure de rigueur for stylish cyclists everywhere.

Actually, I discovered today that a path I've been using on and off over the years is in fact a footpath and not a cyclepath. Ignorance is no excuse they say, so I'm changing my plea to stupidity.

Jane Smart

The Queen
I got told by my car club forum I am a pschyco path not a cycle path ;)

Keith Oates

Janner
Actually riding with a single pannier could save money. With only one pannier the bike would have to lean over to one side to make the balance equal, that would wear the tyre on one side more than the other. When that side of the tyre is getting worndown you could change them around so that the other side is getting most of the wear. Hence double the milage with one set of tyres.:tongue:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Keith Oates said:
Actually riding with a single pannier could save money. With only one pannier the bike would have to lean over to one side to make the balance equal, that would wear the tyre on one side more than the other. When that side of the tyre is getting worndown you could change them around so that the other side is getting most of the wear. Hence double the milage with one set of tyres.:biggrin:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Genius !!

Cunobelin said:
ultimate transgression.........

A single pannier!

How could you?

Oh in that case I've offended quite a bit, I better say 2 Our Fathers and 3 Hail Mary's

Keith Oates said:
Actually riding with a single pannier could save money. With only one pannier the bike would have to lean over to one side to make the balance equal, that would wear the tyre on one side more than the other. When that side of the tyre is getting worndown you could change them around so that the other side is getting most of the wear. Hence double the milage with one set of tyres.:evil:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like that mans thinking, if only it was true ;)

purplepolly said:
(edited)

In a perfect world every cyclist would only use single panniers, however I do recognise that sometimes two are necessary in order to carry large loads.

Was that plurality a Freudian slip - you know you really want to use a balanced and matching pair.

HLaB said:
Oh in that case I've offended quite a bit, I better say 2 Our Fathers and 3 Hail Mary's

I like that mans thinking, if only it was true :ohmy:

Another odd number!

Is the whole world imbalanced?

yenrod

Crack,

You will be taken from these cells, where you will spend the night :sad:, at dawn you will be frog-marched to the Town Hall grounds & shot at 20 paces for high-treason, and reasons that User76 only knows :cry: and also; beligerance against fellow cyclists.. but only and to protect yourself against YOU

1.gif

Top Bottom