HGV lack of indication

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
veloevol

veloevol

Evo Lucas
Perhaps you were a bit rash trying to over take it anyway.
You cycle in London every day, you see, hear and read about accidents and collisions with trucks like that.
Myself.. I am happy to wait behind until a truck has either turned off somewhere or is as far away from me as possible.
I call it life preservation. Those few extra seconds because of 'must get in front' is just not worth the risk.

You're quite right. I had thought the backing up of buses in front meant that the HGV was going to be stationary for some time, allowing me to safely filter past, rather than darting out as it did.

subaqua

What’s the point
Perhaps you were a bit rash trying to over take it anyway.
You cycle in London every day, you see, hear and read about accidents and collisions with trucks like that.
Myself.. I am happy to wait behind until a truck has either turned off somewhere or is as far away from me as possible.
I call it life preservation. Those few extra seconds because of 'must get in front' is just not worth the risk.
apparently I am a daffodil for saying this and all lorries must be banned . you know who you are so I won't embarrass you . BTW it aint ianruk .

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
veloevol

veloevol

Evo Lucas
This is the 2 nd time in a short time that you have posted clips where you are in the wrong. Maybe you should put your brain in gear when riding and then do the same thing when posting your clips.

The last clip was a matter of opinion not all would agree with you. With this clip I admit I was wrong to filter up the HGV given the grave potential.
Perhaps you are used to clips where the poster is admamant they are in the right 100% of the time, well I'm happy to share my mistakes and learn from them.

400bhp

Guru
This is the 2 nd time in a short time that you have posted clips where you are in the wrong. Maybe you should put your brain in gear when riding and then do the same thing when posting your clips.

If you are talking about the bridge vid in the wind, he wasn't wrong.

And, in this vid, he seems to be taking on board the constructive comments. Is that really an issue?

apparently I am a daffodil for saying this and all lorries must be banned . you know who you are so I won't embarrass you . BTW it aint ianruk .

The paucity of your argument is apparent if you lie about what your opponent says.

Last edited by a moderator:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
LOL. This is classic! The skip driver pulled the exact same move that you were trying but he is an evil murderous bastard? All enthusiastic riding/driving should be done with the caveat 'what if I encounter myself?; You knew what you were doing so don't start crying FOUL!

Simontm

Veteran
You think the most dangerous road user has the same responsibilities as the safest?

Erm, yes. It doesn't matter what size vehicle (or even none) a road user has, they must show care and consideration for all other road users.

Oh, and btw, either the OP went though on an amber turning red, or a red as he crosses the Strand junction...:whistle:

LOL. This is classic! The skip driver pulled the exact same move that you were trying but he is an evil murderous bastard? All enthusiastic riding/driving should be done with the caveat 'what if I encounter myself?; You knew what you were doing so don't start crying FOUL!
He's complaining the lorry didn't indicate. What's the evidence the OP didn't indicate?

Top Bottom