Cycling Advice From A Gutter Cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I don't commute so have no experience of similar roads, but I think I would have stuck to the inner cycle lane rather than inconvenience other traffic. You say it was windy but you seemed to have plenty control to turn and watch traffic so don't understand why you didn't feel safe to stay in the inner lane?

jim55

Guru
I don't commute so have no experience of similar roads, but I think I would have stuck to the inner cycle lane rather than inconvenience other traffic. You say it was windy but you seemed to have plenty control to turn and watch traffic so don't understand why you didn't feel safe to stay in the inner lane?
The guys a dick ,( personally I'd have told him to f@#$ off)u did the right thing if u felt unsafe in the cycle lane then ride on the road where u see fit ,however I seen no need to inform that bus to slow down ( did u expect a bus to slow down and sit behind a bike ( at what ,,,,, 15/20 mph) , I'd just have ridden where u were and if it inconveniences other road users then theyl just have to deal with it as u have as much right to b there as them

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Was a bit windy this morning...probably a fear of sidewinds. Might have been trying to fly as well from the looks of things. Notice he wasn't wearing high viz though. Probably should have told him he was putting others lives at risk. Tit4tat.

Origamist

Legendary Member
I don't understand either. Were you worried you'd be blown into the Thames?

I'd be more worried about being blown under a bus, if it was gusty. The crosswinds can be a problem on the bridges over the Thames and there's nothing wrong with giving yourself a more space to manoeuvre if you get buffeted.

dodgy

It's a lot windier up here today than it is in London, and I don't have to get up to those kind of antics when riding through either Liverpool or Chester. I thought the other bloke put his concerns across quite well and I agree with him.

You come across as militant, almost as if you're looking forward to seeing the footage later on.

Sorry if this bothers you, but since you've posted and clearly looking for other people's opinions.

Ride safe.

Top Bottom