Cycling Advice From A Gutter Cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Ignore Jack Whitehall and ride where you feel safest, just don't waste time and energy waving at the bus. Had you ignored it and just cycled on, I don't think he would have said anything at all.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I find the MGIF remark somewhat ironic. Could you not have stayed in the bike lane but slowed down a touch if conditions were dangerous? You did get stuck at the lights anyway.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I don't know how windy it was so I can't pass judgement, but I have been blown about a metre sideways getting to the highest point of Battersea Bridge. With cars following me quite closely, it was quite scary.

What a farking nobber - why dominate the lane like that? The guy with the mirror was correct in my opinion.
It's not just the one lane he wants, he wants the whole road.

Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 16.01.02.jpg

How can you complain about a bus passing in the other lane?

Luke Redpath

Sorry to be the dissenting voice but I really don't see what the issue is with veloevol's position.

I can't say what I would have done without having been there but we all know had he used the cycle lane the buses would have barely moved over. Who exactly was he holding up? The buses who hurried to overtake just so they can pull in at the bus stop 10s later?

I've been in front of a bus speeding up behind me and it's not the greatest feeling so I understand why the wanted the bus to slow down.

The other cyclist should worry about his own safety and pay a bit more attention to the road ahead.

Top Bottom