HGV lack of indication

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
You went to the police ? :wacko:
calling it went to the police is probably a bit far. Roadsafe is an online reporting tool for road based incidences and violations (by this i mean insurance, VED etc.. and not driving into the ASL).

It's good that they offer feedback from both sides, and a cyclist being told what they did was incorrect by a police officer is going to have more weight than a handful of cyclists.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
calling it went to the police is probably a bit far. Roadsafe is an online reporting tool for road based incidences and violations (by this i mean insurance, VED etc.. and not driving into the ASL).

It's good that they offer feedback from both sides, and a cyclist being told what they did was incorrect by a police officer is going to have more weight than a handful of cyclists.

What ever. Its just commuting. The OP made a big mistake, happens. Report the driver ???

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The drivers actions are independent of my mistake.

Of course it is but 2 wrongs dont make a right. You were also certainly in the wrong as well. You started the post with the intention of showing how bad the HGV was being driven, as if everyone on here is not aware of how bad they can be driven to begin with. I am not sure what your motive was. Possibly to get sympathy votes? What you didnt expect was the backlash that occurred and you have been back pedalling since. Please, do yourself a favour and let it drop.

As for the "Cyclist stay back" sticker on the truck. I cannot see why that would cause offence to some people. It is purely an advisory sticker to help keep cyclist safe. If this particular cyclist had seen and read it, we would not be having this diskussion. If this sticker is offensive, what about the trucks that talk to cyclists to keep them safe ? Some cyclists need reminding that trucks are dangerous.

OP
OP
veloevol

veloevol

Evo Lucas
Of course it is but 2 wrongs dont make a right. You were also certainly in the wrong as well. You started the post with the intention of showing how bad the HGV was being driven, as if everyone on here is not aware of how bad they can be driven to begin with. I am not sure what your motive was. Possibly to get sympathy votes? What you didnt expect was the backlash that occurred and you have been back pedalling since. Please, do yourself a favour and let it drop.

As for the "Cyclist stay back" sticker on the truck. I cannot see why that would cause offence to some people. It is purely an advisory sticker to help keep cyclist safe. If this particular cyclist had seen and read it, we would not be having this diskussion. If this sticker is offensive, what about the trucks that talk to cyclists to keep them safe ? Some cyclists need reminding that trucks are dangerous.

I'm still showing how badly it is driven, irrespective of my attempt to filter along the side. My motive was to share the experience so others may not repeat it.

Yes the 'backlash' has been horrendous not sure how I will recover.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I'm still showing how badly it is driven, irrespective of my attempt to filter along the side. My motive was to share the experience so others may not repeat it.

What a crock.........

Looking at the comments nobody on here would have attempted it anyway.

OP
OP
veloevol

veloevol

Evo Lucas
Well I'm blessed to have some of the most perfect mistake-free cyclists here to share with. Thank you.

Well I'm blessed to have some of the most perfect mistake-free cyclists here to share with. Thank you.
I have a helmet cam. On occassion I review after an event and often see it differently.

The filter was stupid. We all make stupid mistakes when out there. But when reviewing it, did you even then see the stupidity or was it only after it was pointed out? If the later, you're welcome by the way.

D

Deleted member 26715

Really! that is your only reply? I was chastised earlier in the thread as I was told you had learnt something & your view was now it was an ill advised move, clearly you have not.

OP
OP
veloevol

veloevol

Evo Lucas
Really! that is your only reply? I was chastised earlier in the thread as I was told you had learnt something & your view was now it was an ill advised move, clearly you have not.

I have learn't something and that it to not trust HGVs in any situation. In future I intend to stay well back. My point is that while I should have showed restraint in this case, the driver is still driving his Hgv in an unsafe manner. Perhaps the driver will have learnt something also.

Good. Hgv or not, if any vehicle suddenly stops it's best not to fly past as you don't know the reason it has stopped. It's easier with cars as yiu can generally see past them due to the size but lorries are so large your vision is obscured.

Finally, never attempt a manoeuvre where there is no escape route. A pinch point Is a classic example of putting yourself in a situation where there simply is no plan b.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I have learn't something and that it to not trust HGVs in any situation. In future I intend to stay well back. My point is that while I should have showed restraint in this case, the driver is still driving his Hgv in an unsafe manner. Perhaps the driver will have learnt something also.
I think the two sounds most likely to make me clench when i hear them behind me are the screech of tyres caused by the slamming on of brakes and the rattle of chains from a skip lorry, I'd far rather both were going on in front of me. Your intention of staying back in the future seems sound to me.

Top Bottom