Hi all from Swadlincote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joew2

Hi all.

I am new to the forum and I am looking to get into the hobby especially with the stress of my job, its nice to let some steam off in a healthy way.

I am looking for bike clubs around the Swadlincote / Burton upon trent area to join a buy a bike etc.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Hi there and :welcome: from a little village near Measham. @cyberknight I think is from Swad. Hopefully you'll hear from him a little later.

OP
OP
J

joew2

I am very impressed, by how many people from around the area:
Have I joined a local fourm?

Last edited:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
If you see this scarecrow on your travels..... AVOID :tongue:

imag0915-jpg.54274.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hi all.

I am new to the forum and I am looking to get into the hobby especially with the stress of my job, its nice to let some steam off in a healthy way.

I am looking for bike clubs around the Swadlincote / Burton upon trent area to join a buy a bike etc.
Hi there and :welcome: from a little village near Measham. @cyberknight I think is from Swad. Hopefully you'll hear from him a little later.
Welcome to CC !
Yes i am indeed from that neck of the woods , Newhall in fact .
What sort of riding do you do ?, i am a member of mercia CC which has a number of rides with 3 main rides on a sunday morning from burton town hall
,Check the link at the bottom of my post for a link to the website .
Lloyds cycles use to have MTB rides , not sure if they still do as i only pop in if i need bits or the bike is in need of repair i cant do.
There is a cycle club that rides around rosliston forestry centre as well but i think its more mid week biddy brigade ... no offense meant to them .
Hicks Lodge is a nice place to ride if your not confident on the road and has a cafe .
http://www.forestry.gov.uk/hickslodge
There are a few of us from around this area
@MickeyBlueEyes
@simon the viking

And some others i cant remember off hand !
We keep talking about a cyclechat ride but it does not seem to happen atm but if i have the time (kids permitting ) i am happy to come out for a ride.

I work in Swad but live in Burton it makes a nice do-able commute of a 15 mile round trip.... @cyberknight is right we often broach the subject of CC ride but it never seems to happen maybe next year, I think it just needs one of us to name a day, pick a start point and see if anyone else turns up......

Top Bottom