Hi all from Swadlincote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeow

Hi all.

It's been sometime since I posted last. Due to being too lazy :/

I would really like to join on a ride but first I need a bike anybody local who can help me out? Don't want to spend huge amounts.

Need to find a bike.

Cheers.

Last edited:

jeow

Hi guys. Newbie on here.

I reside in Measham so it would be good to hook up for a ride sometime, my mates are either too far away or too lazy for regular rides.

Hi Cyber. I've been thinking about joining a local club, either Mercia or Coalville Wheelers, to take part in the Sunday rides, what are they like? Do you just turn up?

Please DM please.

Thanks for replying.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hi all.

I would really like to join on a ride but first I need a bike anybody local who can help me out? Don't want to spend huge amounts.

Need to find a bike.

Cheers.
It really depends on how much you want to spend and what sort of bike your after?

jeow

Next time I'm down at my parents in Swad I'll have to try and catch some of you (at least for a beverage).

Not sure my legs are up to the hills as I always remember Springfield road, Darklands road and Alexandria road a pain on an old gas pipe 5 speed (was a loooong time ago when I was a wee nipper), good job they weren't too long.

Always enjoyed riding through Repton and round Foremark Resevoir. Remember cycling from Swad to Moira when I had a summer job there in the mid 80s.
Wos that too @Craig G or me ? , craigs not been active for a while .

Yourself in that case :smile:

Time does fly. I just seen he's not been activate since 14.

I don't even own a bike yet. I'm a complete newbie at this.

Forgive me..

What would you suggest?

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Hi all.

Need to find a bike.

Cheers.

Welcome back, Jeow :hello:

You say that you don`t want to spend huge amounts, but what is your budget?. Have you thought about equipment?, clothing, lights, tools, pump, repair kit, helmet, spare tubes, etc etc... the cost of cycling is not just the buying of the bike.

jeow

Hi.

I would like to spend only £300 - £500 on the bike, nothing too special.

As for the rest of the equipment I'll have to add that to my wish list.

The bike club I am sure always bikes past my house on Sunday in Linton high street, around 25 bikes.

This is actually what made me find the forum. As I am wanting to get fit, besides what else is there to do on a Sunday.

Also will be great to meet many of you.

None of my friends bike. They all too lazy.

Last edited:

jeow

Hello :welcome:
Cycling is a great stress buster :okay:

Thanks.

That's the plan.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hi.

I would like to spend only £300 - £500 on the bike, nothing too special.

As for the rest of the equipment I'll have to add that to my wish list.

The bike club I am sure always bikes past my house on Sunday in Linton high street, around 25 bikes.

This is actually what made me find the forum. As I am wanting to get fit, besides what else is there to do on a Sunday.

Also will be great to meet many of you.

None of my friends bike. They all too lazy.
I assume you mean a road bike ?
At that price point you cant wrong with a trip up to ikea to visit decathlon owuld be a very good bet
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-5...l#anchor_ComponentProductTechnicalInformation
or halfords
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/road-bikes/carrera-vanquish-road-bike-2015#tab2
Lloyds cycles in swad is a very good shop but i am not sure if they would have anything at this price range , worth popping in maybe .

Decathlon also do some cheap , good kit clothes and shoes/ helmets etc although for shorts lately i have moved onto wiggles dhb active shorts as they are cheap and comfy as i found the aerons this year seem to be tighter cut and have a smaller width pad and the active have the same pad as last years aerons.

I am not sure about the club tbh , mercia have 3 rides that take different routes most weeks , you also have burton ctc

If you want to discuss it further you could pm me and i will gladly offer any advice/help i can or even a ride although the next 2 weekends i will not be club running as its mini cks birthday party and the week after i have gtg pick relative up from airport so Sundays will be a spin around my quick loop around Rosilston, coton, catton, barton , drakelow and back home.

jeow

Thanks very much for the links.

I mean a road bike. I would upgrade but want to make sure I stick with it first before parting with more.

What club would you recommend?

I will have a look around on Wiggle also.

Thanks I will PM you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom