Hi all from Swadlincote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I would like to spend only £300 - £500 on the bike, nothing too special.

You could try going for a second hand bike. I got this used Wilier Triestina Escape (carbon fork, Campagnolo, Ritchey and Miche stuff nailed to it) last month for £239. Its my first road bike for 30 years and i`v been doing 20/30 mile rides on her with ease.
Picture 461.jpg
Picture 449.jpg

around Rosilston, coton, catton, barton , drakelow and back home.

I did the Catton Park road for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it :smile:. Overseal - Linton - Coton - Ros - Walton - Catton - Alrewas and then came back through Croxall - Edingale - Lullington - Clifton Campville (to get 6 free range duck eggs from the honesty box) Netherseal - Overseal.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The drag through catton from alrewas till you get to the rise just before barton is nice for getting your head down and burying yourself :okay:

No ride at all this weekend, mini ck had a party with bouncy castle etc at the newhall scout hut so spent saturday sorting it and most of today organising and running it , just sat down and im fooked .

Last edited:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
The drag through catton from alrewas till you get to the rise just before barton is nice for getting your head down and burying yourself :okay:

No ride at all this weekend, mini ck had a party with bouncy castle etc at the newhall scout hit so spent saturday sorting it and most of today organising and running it , just sat down and im fooked .

:laugh:

I wasn`t planning to go out today, but I did. Set out around 6pm and got home 2 hours later. 4 or 5 stops for photos and 1 stop for a half pint in The Green Man in Clifton Campville. A nice little 20 mile stress buster :thumbsup:
Picture 467.jpg
Picture 484.jpg

Top Bottom