Hi fi stands.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

[quote name='swee'pea99']Why thank you! :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

I suspect you're one of those strange types who is more interested in listening to the music than the system it's being played on. You'll never be a hifi anorak with that attitude. :evil:

beancounter

User482 said:
The hifi magazines must love people like BC and Mr Pig - the only way to tell the difference between cheap and expensive cables is to buy a more expensive hifi.

You couldn't make it up.

I know you don't bother to read posts properly User482, but if you check back you'll find that my cables are very inexpensive (a few pounds). They're just designed properly to work with the amplifiers and therefore DO make a difference.

Go here http://www.dnm.co.uk/cables.html if you want to learn something. I have a great deal more time for what Dennis Morecroft says than what you say.

bc

U

User482

beancounter said:
I know you don't bother to read posts properly User482, but if you check back you'll find that my cables are very inexpensive (a few pounds). They're just designed properly to work with the amplifiers and therefore DO make a difference.

Go here http://www.dnm.co.uk/cables.html if you want to learn something. I have a great deal more time for what Dennis Morecroft says than what you say.

bc

I will learn something by reading a cable manufacturer's website?

Hook. Line. Sinker.

Mr Pig

swee said:
It can be. I knew people who had tons of cash to waste and changed Hi-Fi equipment more often than their underwear. I knew people who would buy new kit, we're talking thousands of pounds worth, just because it was the next thing on the ladder, sometimes without even hearing it. A lot of hi-Fi buffs are just w****** to be honest, you can't deny it.

None of my cables were expensive either. I don't know if you're not very bright Ranos or just being obtuse. Either way I don't care if you don't 'get' the finer points of Hi-Fi set-up, it means nothing to me and it wouldn't effect your life much if you did.

I could tell that there have been blind tests of Mana but there isn't any point as you've ignored or derided everything thing else that's been said. I'm talking from twenty-five years of experience of tweaking Hi-Fi and you're shouting your mouth off from a position of complete ignorance so your opinion means little to me.

U

User482

Mr Pig said:
I could tell that there have been blind tests of Mana

Do you have a link? It would be a more substantive effort on your part than anything you've produced so far.

Mr Pig

User482 said:
Do you have a link?

I don't give a sh*t whether you believe me or not. I'm going to listen to music on my Hi-Fi, which may or may not sound quite good.

beancounter

User482 said:
Apparently, there is a million dollars on offer for the first person to distinguish between different cables in a proper double-blind test. Funnily enough, the hifi mags have been reluctant to come forward.

One thing that did make a difference to my hifi: I placed my turntable on a solid oak block (an offcut from the kitchen worktops we'd just fitted) which seemed to tighten and deepen the bass rather nicely.

Could you please direct us to the double blind test which proved that putting a solid oak block under one's turntable improves the sound.

Or could you just "tell the difference".

bc

U

User482

Mr Pig said:
I don't give a sh*t whether you believe me or not. I'm going to listen to music on my Hi-Fi, which may or may not sound quite good.

If you don't care, why do you keep posting?

In the absence of anything substantive from you, I'll continue to believe that you have been duped by snake oil salesmen.

U

User482

beancounter said:
Could you please direct us to the double blind test which proved that putting a solid oak block under one's turntable improves the sound.

Or could you just "tell the difference".

bc

I don't need to. I *think* it made an improvement, and it didn't cost me a penny.

Mr Pig

I don't read Hi-Fi magazines, they are a waste of time.

It is perfectly possible to produce a good sound in a domestic environment. The idea that it's impossible so why bother trying is nonsense. Obviously there are limits, you're never going to get really deep bass of any power in an eight-foot square room, but providing the room's of a resonable size and not full to the top with cushions it's not a huge issue.

I do like Richer Sounds though. Ok, most of the stuff they sell isn't brilliant but I like the unpretentious, friendly atmosphere. I hate the kind of Hi-Fi shop you described, I used to use them all the time but it's a nonsense. Most Hi-Fi is so drastically overpriced it's shocking with even the slightest difference in performance used to justify huge jumps in price. They need to wrap it all up with style otherwise no one would buy it.

Funnily enough Mr P, I went to Richer Sounds on Sunday afternoon and bought a cheap pair of 'bookshelf' speakers

JBL_Control_One_black_1200.jpg

and, I already had some stands (with big pointy bits at the bottom to stick into carpet).

Connected the lot to a dolly mixture of components (including my Phillips CD104 from 1984)

IMG_3748.jpg

and the sound is beautiful!

Did this album immense justice!

(Just thought I would throw in my £59.95's worth...;))

Top Bottom