Hi Girls....Where do you Shop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Being a bloke I don't have an answer. One of my female colleagues was moaning about the lack of girlie bike apparel and is actively considering commissioning and marketing some.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I hate pink, lilac and anything else that's pastel / sparkly.

I like red. I like green.

I'm short, chubby and I don't like skin tight / "revealing".

I'll carry on buying men's clothes.

*grump*

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
To compound my problem, I don't want to look sporty but I would like to wear more technical fabrics ... but I have found I can't have both. I just end up mostly wearing normal clothes every day unless it is a long ride.

OP
OP
Cyclox

Cyclox

Being a bloke I don't have an answer. One of my female colleagues was moaning about the lack of girlie bike apparel and is actively considering commissioning and marketing some.

I think your friend might be on to a winner.........the only suppliers I found with anything like what I wanted was an American website and the shipping costs worked out more than the goods.

I don't want to mention any names but most top suppliers do focus more on mens wear than ladies, and if they do stock ladies gear it's very limited, drab and looks no different to the mens gear.

I hope she really follows through with this.......I for one would be first in the queue on opening day!

OP
OP
Cyclox

Cyclox

To compound my problem, I don't want to look sporty but I would like to wear more technical fabrics ... but I have found I can't have both. I just end up mostly wearing normal clothes every day unless it is a long ride.

Hi summerdays
I'm not looking for the 'sporty' look either just colours that are a bit brighter.......

pepecat

Like coffeejo I hate pink / lilac / purple / light green / yellow....... won't wear any of that. My rain jacket is a mens cos the only women's colours were 'raspberry' (yuck) or light green. I wante blue, so blokes one it was!

Decathlon seem to have some quite good girle clothes including women's 'baggies' - shorts that look like every day shorts (ie, not sporty) but have padded undershorts sewn in, so you can wear lycra but look like you're not!

They even do cycling skirts! Here

Their tops (for women) also seem to be made of technical fabrics but don't look overly sporty. Some of them don't have rear pockets though, so that's something to bear in mind. For example

They also do shirts (i think they're unisex) in a whole range of rainbow colours - I have a bright blue one which is great!

OP
OP
Cyclox

Cyclox

I hate pink, lilac and anything else that's pastel / sparkly.

I like red. I like green.

I'm short, chubby and I don't like skin tight / "revealing".

I'll carry on buying men's clothes.

*grump*

Hi Coffeejo
No I'm not one for tight & revealing either.......all my shorts are baggy with a combat look and all my tops are regular t-shirts. Just wanted to find somewhere that sold biking gear for ladies in ladies sizes that are not lacking in colour......

OP
OP
Cyclox

Cyclox

Like coffeejo I hate pink / lilac / purple / light green / yellow....... won't wear any of that. My rain jacket is a mens cos the only women's colours were 'raspberry' (yuck) or light green. I wante blue, so blokes one it was!

Decathlon seem to have some quite good girle clothes including women's 'baggies' - shorts that look like every day shorts (ie, not sporty) but have padded undershorts sewn in, so you can wear lycra but look like you're not!

They even do cycling skirts! Here

Their tops (for women) also seem to be made of technical fabrics but don't look overly sporty. Some of them don't have rear pockets though, so that's something to bear in mind. For example

They also do shirts (i think they're unisex) in a whole range of rainbow colours - I have a bright blue one which is great!

Thank you pepecat......most helpful :thumbsup:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Hi Coffeejo
No I'm not one for tight & revealing either.......all my shorts are baggy with a combat look and all my tops are regular t-shirts. Just wanted to find somewhere that sold biking gear for ladies in ladies sizes that are not lacking in colour......

There's a huge market for women's cycling clothes, from race to freeride style, with decent designs and colours: just needs someone with the funds to set it up.

I'll make sure I buy my lottery tickets this week
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
Cyclox

Cyclox

There's a huge market for women's cycling clothes, from race to freeride style, with decent designs and colours: just needs someone with the funds to set it up.

I'll make sure I buy my lottery tickets this week
thumbsup.png

Good luck on the lottery then :thumbsup:

Top Bottom