Hi Girls....Where do you Shop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cyclox

Cyclox

I bought this last week on ebay, I like it a lot.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWNX:blush:T

I like it a lot too Scotmitchy.....thank you for your reply.

Bluebell72

There's a huge market for women's cycling clothes, from race to freeride style, with decent designs and colours:

You are so right.

All my jerseys are mens, because I can't get anything to fit me in ladies.

It's not just the colour, manufacturers need to realise that not all female cyclists are size 8 and 5'3".

A friend has a Sugoi top with a kind of Japanese print, (think mountains and cherry blossom) it's great and really bright. Not that it goes up to my size, but a men's would have been ok. Sugoi sold out in days. Duh! What should this tell them?

Also, for those who would like to cycle and perhaps have weight to lose, there is no incentive if you can't even have something good to wear!

Does anyone know how much it would cost to comission some proper technical wear, but in attractive colours and designs?

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
If I could figure out where to get some wicking fabric from, I'd be tempted to have a go at making my own jerseys.

*looks at sewing machine and ponders*

Fiona N

Veteran
If I could figure out where to get some wicking fabric from, I'd be tempted to have a go at making my own jerseys.

*looks at sewing machine and ponders*

Pennine Outdoor do loads of outdoor fabrics - I've got Coolmax fabric from them in the past.

There also used to be an amazing Canadian site where you could get 'domestic' quantities of really hi-tech fabrics like Schoeller, Maldon Mills Powerstretch etc. and even Gore products (although under a 'no name' sale policy) but sadly that's gone pout of business - good while it lasted but I never could figure how they could make any money.

rodgy-dodge

An Exceptional Member
I bought a pattern to make my own cycling gear, for reasons already mentioned...the problem is getting hold of the right kind of fabric...

I looked at Pennine outdoor but I thought that they didn't have a massive choice in coolmax fabrics or any that provide great wicking. They mostly do cotton lycra suitable more for t-shirts and more waterproof breathable fabrics suitable for Jackets the colours aren't great either also the price! by the time you've worked out what it'll cost in meterage you might as well pay for shop bought items. Then there's the matter of getting hold of the padding for shorts, In America you can seem to buy replacement chamois's in bike shops, where here in the uk they are not readily available. I did find a triathlon replacement pad from here but as you can see they are not cheap add this to the cost of fabric, fuel cost to make and time spent making and the garment just isn't cheap to make!

I'll still have a go at making some ladies cycle gear if only I could find the fabrics at a reasonable price with out having to import ...I think this is why cycle gear in general is so expensive.

Personally I tend to buy in sales

fimm

Veteran
Minx Girl has already been mentioned - I like the look of their stuff, but I think I'm a bit old for it!
There's a site called Tri Girl that does (surprise, surprise) triathlon wear, but I think they may do bike stuff too.
You might consider having a look at general outdoor kit (though outdoor sites also have threads from women ranting that all women's kit is pink and too small...)

Bluebell72

Sorry Rich@Primal,

I just looked on your site, hopefully at jerseys for women. Your 'Large' size is not even a 38" bust - 36/37 which comes up as between a size 12 and 14.

That is not large! No chance of fitting.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
A friend of mine is the technical garment manager for Sweaty Betty, they're launching their first cycling jersey for women in Spring I think. I went camping with her a couple of weekends ago and she was really wanting feedback about what is needed and wanted. I know what I want from my cycling wear but it's good to get a broad range of views. Clothing for women is lacking, I'm not big into girlie stuff but there's not much I generally like. I'm waiting for her to get back from a work trip abroad but could feedback suggestions etc if people were into the idea

Fiona N

Veteran
I hate pink, lilac and anything else that's pastel / sparkly. Likewise

I like red. I like green. I like yellow and orange too

I'm short, chubby and I don't like skin tight / "revealing". I'm too old to care frankly - comfort is more important :biggrin:

I'll carry on buying men's clothes. I am definitely not man shaped so always on the lookout for good women's clothing

*grump* :biggrin:

Minx Girl is good, Girls run too is also good

Just realised this is an old thread and I've already replied :blush:

Top Bottom