Scotland : Perthshire Highland Perthshire Challenge (24th Aug)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well the 100 was fun. If by fun you mean bloody painful!!! No one should ride that route with a standard double and 25 on the back. Just silly. :laugh:

I was the first back from the 100 though. Don't be fooled into thinking that i have won as others will have started later too. ;)

Official time was 5 hours 24 mins but one of my club mates (there were 3 of us doing the 100) punctured 3 TIMES!!!!
Moving time was 5 hours 10 mins though which is an average of 19.3 - 19.4mph i think. On the 3rd puncture he told us just to ride on and he'd catch up. He never did.

Was tough at points as there were more than a few climbs. Total ascent seems to be 6000ft plus which is a bit more than i had thought. I would have brought the De Rosa and a compact chainset had i figured that!! ;-)

Hopefully manage a top ten finish even with all the stops.

Cracking ride(s) today in good company as ever, on what seemed like an unofficial CC Ecosse ride.... I ended up doing 107km all told with trips to and from train stations, so just need to do another 16 tomorrow to hit 500km for the month so far ^_^

My first ever sportive and it was really great fun. A lovely route as you say @Pedrosanchezo, not as hilly as I was expecting and I'll definitely be back next year (possibly for the 100 :shy: )

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Well done Pedro - suffice to say we took it a bit more gently...

A very nice route - could maybe have done with another hill to make it more of a "challenge", but the roads were mostly excellent. The weather was ok, a bit of drizzle at the start but it dried out nicely.

@Rasmus - Yeh they could possibly add in Ballo hill which is 7 miles from the finish but strangely they went out of their way to avoid it. It is an average of 6% gradient i think and takes less than ten minutes. NOT my favourite hill. Even spinning up it hurts for some reason. Could be that it's 16% at one point. Still would add more challenge.

Glad it was mostly dry for you guys. I got soaked after Dunkeld but then it was dry for the remainder. Lucky i think considering the forecast.

@Harry_Palmer79 - bring a compact and infinite energy gels for the 100. It is slightly hillier. :angry:

DelB

Really enjoyed today - thanks, guys, for your company and humour. Was really chuffed to complete it, given that it was only my 22nd outing on the bike. 3 hours, 3 minutes and 31 seconds moving time, so will be looking to dip under three hours next time and cut down on food stops/comfort breaks!! ;)

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Really enjoyed today - thanks, guys, for your company and humour. Was really chuffed to complete it, given that it was only my 22nd outing on the bike. 3 hours, 3 minutes and 31 seconds moving time, so will be looking to dip under three hours next time and cut down on food stops/comfort breaks!! ;)

You guys done well, good to finally meet you also

Top Bottom