Scotland : Perthshire Highland Perthshire Challenge (24th Aug)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I am on Leeds next week tue-thu so won't get any cycling in :sad: Colin- fancy a leg stretcher Monday after work?

I can't get out on monday night, might extend my commute but thats the best i can do :cry:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Got a good 100 miles under my saddle this weekend, next Saturday likely to be next time on the bike given work commitments. Looking forward to it.

That's me finally signed up for it :thumbsup: Barely had any weekend cycling this month so be good to get out on Saturday ^_^

Signed up for the St Andrews sportive the day after but thinking of doing the Perthshire 50 miler. Don't think it will sell out so might wait a few days and see.

@Col5632 @tug benson @Louch - don't go stealing all of my KOM's guys. Leave me some. ;)

Edit: Actually i am now 2nd on the climb out of Dunkeld. We done a club run over that way an whippet boy took it by 10 seconds. I tried in vain to close him down but he's got the power to weight ratio of a bloody ant!!!

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Hi

I hope you are looking forward to this weekend’s Highland Perthshire Challenge as much as we are.

The long range forecast is looking good and, checking the route last week, Perthshire was looking as beautiful as ever.

The event starts at Perth Airport at Scone and there is plenty car parking. Post code is PH2 6PL. We will start in groups of ten cyclists, every two minutes – you can start anytime between 8am and 10am.

* The stewards will direct you to the car park and the Registration desk where you will be able to collect your Event Number, Electronic Chip and some further information about the event. This will probably answer any questions that you may have but please don’t hesitate to ask one of the stewards if you have any queries.

* Water is available at the refreshment tent and there will be filled rolls, bananas, cereal bars and cakes available here at the end. There are three feed stations on the 100 mile route and one on the 50 mile route. There is also a café at the airport offering hot and cold drinks, snacks and meals.

* Toilets are located adjacent to the registration point. On the 100 mile route, there are toilets available at the feed stations at Aberfeldy and Pitlochry.

The Highland Perthshire Challenge is entirely run by volunteers which means that most of the registration fees can be donated to our two chosen charities. We are so grateful for your help with this and together we will raise a lot of money on Saturday – check out www.facebook.com/MalawiFruits for details of the work we do.

There are route maps available at www.highlandperthshirechallenge.org

We have 153 cyclists taking part at the moment and would welcome all latecomers – do put the word around so that friends don’t miss out on a great day.

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday

Regards

Kevin

Kevin Simpson
07989 530 773

Kevin Simpson
Head of MAF Scotland
Tel: 0141 332 5222
Email: kevin.simpson@maf-uk.org
Web: www.maf-uk.org

Join us on: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Flickr

MAF UK | 29 Canal Street | Glasgow | Scotland | UK | G4 0AD

Mission Aviation Fellowship is a registered Charity - Number 1064598 (England & Wales) and SC039107 (Scotland)

PPlease do not print this e-mail unless really necessary

This email is confidential and may be privileged; it is for use of the named recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately; please do not read, copy or disclose its contents to any person or body, and delete it from your computer systems. It should be noted that it is prohibited for anyone, other than the intended recipient, to take action in reliance upon the contents of this communication.

Mission Aviation Fellowship UK, A Company Limited by Guarantee. Registered in England and Wales, Number 3437446.
Registered Charity Number 1064598. Scottish registered charity no: SCO39107
Registered Office: 1st Floor, Castle House, Castle Hill Avenue, Folkestone, Kent, CT20 2TN

DelB

Any of you guys decent climbers? Have just looked at the route profile for this ride and from km number 58 to km number 75, with the exception of 3 or 4 very short flat/downhill sections, its uphill all the way!! Ten miles of climbing!!! Thank God the last 6kms are all downhill. ;)

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I'm going to pretend I didn't read that. Just came home to find my tyre had blown up as bike sat in the house, just before I head away to work away fir 3 days. shoot timing

DelB

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that. Just came home to find my tyre had blown up as bike sat in the house, just before I head away to work away fir 3 days. s*** timing
Nightmare. :sad:
Is the tyre saveable or is it knackered??

Top Bottom