Scotland : Perthshire Highland Perthshire Challenge (24th Aug)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
zoltansocrates from the T. O. C. Forum. :smile:

Have you tried to get him to join here Del?

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
He's a moderator on T.O.C, but will ask him.

IMHO, apart from the Scottish ride threads on here (you guys!!), I think T.O.C. is a better forum. Can I say that?? :blush:

*GET OUT* :laugh:

Only joking, iirc the few times ive been on it, it looked a bit basic?

DelB

The vast majority of activity on this forum seems to be from bearded lesbians (no offence intended to any actual bearded lesbians) complaining about car drivers. The Scottish section is, without doubt, the best part of it. :becool:
The T.O.C. Forum is growing rapidly and seems to be blokes of, shall we say, a similar age who have the same bike in common, no egos and just enjoy getting out there. :thumbsup:

GlasgowFinn

Veteran
Thanks @Harry_Palmer79, google was coming up with Talbot Owners' Club which seemed unlikely.

Oh well, on the grounds that I don't have a Triban, or a Talbot, I'll stick around here. ^_^

I've been thinking more about travel options. Considering:

1: I purchased already train tickets to Perth before Louch made the lift offer
2: The limited amount of space in Louch's motor
3: The very early hour of departure necessary to make it to Perth by half 8

I might stick with the original plan of the 0912 train into Perth.

I'll wear my CC top so you can shout at me to slow down when I pass you ^_^:boxing:

I was also a little wary of fitting three people and bikes in Louch's car and needing to take them apart and put them back together again at the start, though I suppose there would be plenty of time if that were necessary... I haven't bought a ticket yet, but to get to Stirling for 07.30 ish as @Louch mentioned on a previous page would mean getting the train that leaves Glasgow at 07.10 and gets into Perth at 08.09 anyway, which would give me time to cycle to the start for the proposed meeting time. Also, if I couldn't get on that train with the bike, I would still have the option of the trains arriving in Perth at 08.41 and 09.12 (though there would be at least one other bike on the last one!)

DelB

Morning all.

I received an e-mail from 'The Tour Ride' this morning with links and tips on preparing your bike (and yourself!!) for a Sportive. Some really good stuff in there. If anyone would like me to forward a copy on to them, drop me a note of your e-mail address via PM and I'll do the necessary. :thumbsup:

Cheers.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Morning all.

I received an e-mail from 'The Tour Ride' this morning with links and tips on preparing your bike (and yourself!!) for a Sportive. Some really good stuff in there. If anyone would like me to forward a copy on to them, drop me a note of your e-mail address via PM and I'll do the necessary. :thumbsup:

Cheers.

I never got one :cry:;)

Top Bottom