Scotland : Perthshire Highland Perthshire Challenge (24th Aug)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any of you guys decent climbers? Have just looked at the route profile for this ride and from km number 58 to km number 75, with the exception of 3 or 4 very short flat/downhill sections, its uphill all the way!! Ten miles of climbing!!! Thank God the last 6kms are all downhill. ;)
DelB, it's not as bad as it sounds. Gradual gradient rather than one big climb. The only climb of note is as you leave Dunkeld towards Blairgowrie. It's steep at the start and then levels off to around 10% gradient. Cat4, you will be over it in under 10 minutes no problem.
After that though you get a cracking descent and spectacular views of the small lochs. Totally worth it. :thumbsup:

Actually just remembered there is a small steep ascent called the A93 climb on Strava. That will come with about 13 miles to go. Another short steep one at Collace with about 8 miles to go. Nice climbs though, not long never ending brutes.

Remember a few gels and flapjacks, or similar, and you will blitz it.

Twenty six miles.....so an hour into our ride right? .....
Oh? We taking it easy on Saturday?

:laugh: only 26 in the hour, i thought we would be nearly finished it by then :laugh:

Anybody got a cyclechat top so they can stand and we will all meet around them? mind you except @DelB i have met the rest :shy:

So far it doesn't sound too well supported and we should find each other no problem (famous last words).

I hope there are more sign ups before the weekend - forecast is "no bad".

@DelB

batajeru.jpg

You'll be fine.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I've been thinking more about travel options. Considering:

1: I purchased already train tickets to Perth before Louch made the lift offer
2: The limited amount of space in Louch's motor
3: The very early hour of departure necessary to make it to Perth by half 8

I might stick with the original plan of the 0912 train into Perth.

I'll wear my CC top so you can shout at me to slow down when I pass you ^_^:boxing:

Top Bottom