Hill climbing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thefollen

Veteran
I'd say find a gear you feel comfortable with then get yourself into a good rhythm. When climbing I find myself mumble-singing a song of sorts and time the pedals accordingly. Whatever gets you in the zone. Also have the mentality of 'that hill ain't got nothing on me, I'm smashing it today!'. All in the head.

You do ride with SPDs also? Makes climbing a lot nicer.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I was wondering about that too! :thumbsup:

Ah - there are 2 hills per 7 mile lap, with about 300 ft of climbing, so not extremely hilly, but not flat either ...

road_profile.gif
Im sorry but thats not hills - its a couple of sleeping policman

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I know what hills are - here's the profile of a little ride round this area ... :thumbsup:

View attachment 27051
they are proper hills colinj - reminds me of my weekend rides around the welsh valleys

PK99

Legendary Member
I was wondering about that too! :thumbsup:

Ah - there are 2 hills per 7 mile lap, with about 300 ft of climbing, so not extremely hilly, but not flat either ...

road_profile.gif

In at Robin hood gate
left up Broomfield to the roundabout at Kingston gate, swing round and back over.
Round the park
Double bump again
Repeat
= good workout

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
In at Robin hood gate
left up Broomfield to the roundabout at Kingston gate, swing round and back over.
Round the park
Double bump again
Repeat
= good workout
Pee-taking aside - circuits of Richmond Park are probably the kind of thing I'd really enjoy!

I love the hills round here but they are a bit severe and sometimes I'd like some flatter roads to have a good go at. The only flattish roads here are the busy valley A-roads.

Top Bottom