Hip pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I'm getting a progressively worse dull aching pain in my right hip. It's annoying and making me feel less like riding sometimes. It's not a sharp pain at all, and I haven't had a fall or a knock etc. I've obviously done the google search and NHS direct, but wondered if any other cyclists have experienced similar issues? I'm loathe to go to the GP as I just dont need another dose of anti biotics;):rolleyes:

Mattonsea

Über Member
I get that as well. Tried different saddles, position of saddle , all of the usual . Still get it???????

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Just getting to 'that' age BOAB... left elbow/ left knee/ right hip/ right ankle...that's why I stopped thinking about running again.

I'm getting a progressively worse dull aching pain in my right hip. It's annoying and making me feel less like riding sometimes. It's not a sharp pain at all, and I haven't had a fall or a knock etc. I've obviously done the google search and NHS direct, but wondered if any other cyclists have experienced similar issues? I'm loathe to go to the GP as I just dont need another dose of anti biotics;):rolleyes:

Difficult to comment without knowing more about your age, physical condition, location of pain, how/when it occurs, etc. Pain is usually the body's way of telling you that something is up, so don't just dismiss it. But without more to go on, you are unlikely to get any useful guidance here...

Go forth and see thy GP. It might be nothing, it might be something you can cure yourself or it might be something that needs a diagnosis.

U

User6179

Above my left hip has been sore for 6 months(5000 miles cycled in that time) , made worse by hills and cycling into the wind , walking seems to help it , even running on the spot can help , I have put it down to not doing enough walking rather than to much cycling .

Berties

Fast and careful!
Gp, then Physio , loads of maybes or could be,my pain comes down to tight muscles ,not stretching etc,over use?lots of derifitives,

Top Bottom