Hips rocking?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Lockdown meltdown.
Threads where posters claim “all the posters on this thread are idiots; only I know best!”
Threads where chunks start flying re someone potentially rolling their hips leading to three less watts per mile.
Come on! This is supposed to be a grown-up place where we help out.
OT, I have a new vacuum cleaner, a Sebo, and the house has never been less dusty. I am a bit worried about my forearm action though....may post a vid.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Try the calculation using Ballantine's formula of 1.09 x inside leg = saddle top to pedal dimension. If I set a saddle by trial and error for comfort and lack of knee pain, then measure it after, I find both the Ballantine and Lemond method numbers are very similar to my actual empirical adjustment.
I tend to use the heel on pedal method, but was interested by this... my trouser inside leg is 34" x 1.09 = 37.06" ...measured pedal to seat and it's 38", which means my actual inside leg is two inches longer than i previously thought, which means I'm even lankier than I'd assumed :sad:.

OldShep

Über Member
I tend to use the heel on pedal method, but was interested by this... my trouser inside leg is 34" x 1.09 = 37.06" ...measured pedal to seat and it's 38", which means my actual inside leg is two inches longer than i previously thought, which means I'm even lankier than I'd assumed :sad:.
Forget your trouser leg measurement that’s not how you do it. Stand up against a wall, bare feet, holding a book between your crotch. Measure from top of book to floor thats the measurement if you need it.
Like you I use heel on pedal pedalling backwards with no rock to reach down to pedals.

dodgy

First few replies varied from "seat too high" to "seat too low", all this from a video taken from the rear.

Anyway, I think the saddle is too low, post a video from the side instead.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Forget your trouser leg measurement that’s not how you do it. Stand up against a wall, bare feet, holding a book between your crotch. Measure from top of book to floor thats the measurement if you need it.
Like you I use heel on pedal pedalling backwards with no rock to reach down to pedals.
that would put my saddle up another four and a half inches using the 1.09 x inside leg method i was referring to, which is way too high.

Top Bottom