Hiring a turbo trainer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
So to rehabilitate I'm thinking of hiring a turbo trainer, to which I can attach my own bike. In order to stave off boredom I want one that can be linked to a laptop and allows me to do virtual rides.

Any suggestions?

Sjw

I use a bkool pro 2 with bkool simulator. There's also Zwift but I prefer bkool. Had to install Windows 10 to get it (Bkool) working after recent update but it suits my way of cycling

D

Deleted member 26715

Never heard of anybody hiring them, but I'm sure if somebody does, somebody will be along soon

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've owned two fan type trainers and sold them both as they were so boring. Now I've got more motivation and I'm sure a trainer linked to a laptop and screen would be more motivating.

Can any turbo trainer work with Swift?

CXRAndy

Guru
Can any turbo trainer work with Zwift

There is no comparison from a dumb trainer to the Smart version, it brings a whole new interaction within Zwift

Any decent smart trainer (automatically controlled resistance and power meter)

I would recommend a direct drive turbo,Wahoo Kickr core, Tacx flux version 2, Elite Directo.

You could go top end models and get Wahoo Kickr, Tacx Neo, Cyclops Hammer

nickAKA

Über Member
Tacx Flux (must be the old version I guess) currently £450 at Halfords...

Looking at current ebay prices it'd be cheaper to buy it & sell on if you don't want to keep it than any kind of hire cost.

si_c

Guru
How do you get on with the faff of the drivetrain and trainer cassette?
It's no more difficult to remove a wheel than it is to out a bike on a direct drive trainer. If you are going to use it often enough to warrant spending several hundred pounds on then you'll also get an extra cassette as well.

I have a dedicated wheel for my trainer even though I use a wheel on as am too lazy to remove the trainer tyre m

Top Bottom