Hiring a turbo trainer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You can get the Tacx T2240 for less than £200if you look around - got mine for £160 at Halfords over 2 years ago - watch for the sales.

I do have a spare Elite mag trainer with 5 levels of resistance - I bought the smart trainer having been impressed with Zwift.

I do recommend having one for recovery - I'm still using mine after I broke my back - with time and weather this week, I've been on mine 3 times this week, about 4 hours worth.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well I bought a Tacx Vortex from my LBS for £300 which is a pretty good price. GtiJunior rigged it up to a spare laptop and TV screen and it was up and running Zwift seamlessly in minutes, even talking to the trainer without us needing to do anything. Did my first session last night and manged 26 minutes before the sheer volume of sweat and the strain on my collar bone overwhelmed me and I got off. During that time I was overtaken by one E Pooley from the UK travelling at a respectable speed - wonder if it was her? :wub:

This morning the collar bone feels sore and I'm keeping fingers crossed that I haven't strained the repair. I worry that it may be forming a pseudo joint and may remain flexible. Things to remember for the next session: put the fan on the 4 setting (D'oh!), put an old towel over the bike, keep a bottle of water handy.

Sarah Childs

Hello, I would recommend hiring a turbo. Great way to try out before purchasing or if just wanting to turbo for a few weeks whilst training for specific event / recovering from injury etc I am based in uk and there are a couple of turbo trainer hire websites.

Top Bottom