Hiring Road Touring Bikes in Pisa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

avsd

Guru
Does anyone know where you could hire six road touring bikes in Pisa this May. Myself and five friends are flying from Dublin to Pisa. The initial plan was to take the bikes in cardboard boxes on the plane but Ryan Air are looking €120 each way to take a bike! I have found somewhere that will rent hybrid touring for €155 for a week with rear racks for panniers but some of my companions want a road bike :banghead:

Can't find anything via google!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I would think a weeks hire of a road bike in Italy would be more than the Ryanair price. If you fly your bikes in the airport is very close to the town.

jay clock

Massive member
It is 120 euro return not each way. Still cheaper than rental though and means you get your own bike. Too risky in my view to rent a "road touring bike" online. Can you check spoke count/wheel strength for carrying luggage? Can you check pannier heel clearance? What gearing will you get? Sodding hilly and hot there in July - I rented a road bike for day rides in 2012 and you need low gearing without bags, will be harder with them

Top Bottom