Hit and Run in Knightsbridge. Cyclist chases down motorist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leodis

Veteran
[QUOTE 2464000, member: 1314"]You've got balls.[/quote]

Maybe not after the ride.

Imagine a naked driod chasing you downt he street with his air horn going... I am sure that will learn them.

Not sure about all this criticism, I would rather have TD behind be cycling rather than someone who just watches and cycles past which is usually the case. A hit and run driver who was caught and confessed to leaving the scene and then tries to justify his action by blaming a cyclist, I see no mention of the ped who caught up and also had a go at him, why are you not having a go at him? Fear is all it is, the what if.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I am doing the naked Bike Ride 8th Of June.

Just make sure you dont turn on you "Droid reaction" camera. Going over a pothole might knock it out of position and we dont want that!

OP
OP
T

TrafficDroid

Problem is most posts are starting with "Look at this idiot motorist!" type phrasings. You then watch the video to see the cyclist look like an idiot & be the maker of their own problem. The problem is the OP has put a very aggressive message that they were in the right & the other person was in the wrong. This automatically is going to make people negative if they see that the OP was actually the idiot.

Two recent posts where people have asked "Did I do anything wrong?" style questions have been much more positive. It's much easier to give constructive input into a thread like that as the OP has started from a neutral position of questioning their own reactions & the actions of others around them.

In this case it was a 'hu?' at the initial rear view then. "Oh FFS!" as TD made a complete ass of him self by intimidating the poor cyclist for the second time, intentional or not it still is very intimidating having a horn like that blaring out for a long period. By this point I just stopped the video, I didn't want to know what happened because from that starting point it's only likely to go down hill very quickly.

OP
OP
T

TrafficDroid

Maybe not after the ride.

Imagine a naked driod chasing you downt he street with his air horn going... I am sure that will learn them.

Not sure about all this criticism, I would rather have TD behind be cycling rather than someone who just watches and cycles past which is usually the case. A hit and run driver who was caught and confessed to leaving the scene and then tries to justify his action by blaming a cyclist, I see no mention of the ped who caught up and also had a go at him, why are you not having a go at him? Fear is all it is, the what if.
I will be fully clothed in sheep skin. Dont want to show my Man boobs and plantain ..lol

GrasB

Veteran
Intimidating the other cyclist? well well. Say no more. And as for idiot cyclist.. thats as far as you can stretch laterally.
Your intentions should be applauded. It was after all an active intervention with a motorists over dangerous driving resulting in a collision then failure to stop. Unfortunately you committed to undertaking a cyclist, at speed. Then at 2:01, when you've not even passed them, your blare your horn & keep it held down for the entire undertake. This is intimidating regardless of your intent, especially when combined with a close undertake.

The actions you took were dangerous & intimidatory towards other road users around you, even if it was not yojur intention to do so. If I had been subjected to that you wouldn't have been dealing with the motorist... you'd have been dealing with very aggravated me.

Oh, I didn't refer to anyone being an idiot cyclist in this incident.

dodd82

Have now watched the whole video.

If you do decide to 'take on the world' and inform people of their mistakes, I think you could do so more constructively.

You kept shouting things, but they didn't really serve a purpose.

Everytime the driver commented that the cyclist was moving around, or claimed he had given enough room, was an opportunity for you to calmly advise him as to how much room he should leave, to prevent situations like this occuring.

From your videos it seems that you accelerate when an incident happens in an effort to catch the 'offender', but then proceed shout things like 'what are you doing', rather than asking for more room or explaining why it was dangerous.

That's my penny's worth anyway.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
It's a real shame that the incredibly poor standard of driving on many of Britains overcrowded roads leads many cyclists to feel so intimidated and threatened as to ride with a camera (me included now). If drivers calmed down, drove in accordance with the highway code and had some respect for human life hedcams would disappear.

In my opinion the way to ride with a hedcam is to forget it's on. Just click it on and ride as usual, then delete the footage unless there is an incident. Riding being consciously aware of the camera all the time just messes with your head and your enjoyment of the ride, at which point the motorists have won.

I don't ride in London however, and I can well imagine how threatened London cyclists often feel in heavy traffic.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
[QUOTE 2465400, member: 30090"]I
I think thats being a bit harsh on the mods. They have a right to an opinion like everyone else on here. You can always report them if you feel the need.[/quote]

The mods have a relatively light touch and let folk say within reason what they think. We all have an opinion. Jez just has a bee in his bonnet. We are also not staff and do this job for free to keep the forum running, and we are all major contributors of advice.

I personally think some cammers go to far for confrontation. The horn blasting from behind the cyclist is bad. Bet they shat themselves. That's no normal airzound. Bet they thought a truck was on them.

There is some truly shameful behavior going on in this forum, and I do not mean by the OP.

Agreed, there was a nasty whiff of racism about the now deleted posts. If people have nothing constructive to say then keep quiet, TD's done nothing to warrant personal abuse.

Top Bottom