Hit and Run Road Rage Incident Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
What are you waiting for the police to do? It was about 3 months I think before I heard the Met’s decision. I think you said they’d visited the driver?

Have you completed a full written witness statement? If so, I presume it just takes time to process?

Regarding kit, my helmet was damaged and the hospital cut off my Cycling tights. I’m claiming g for full replacement value. The bike wasn’t damaged and I’ve since sold it anyhow
The last thing I heard was that they still haven’t spoken to the driver. That was 2 weeks ago mind you. They said that they would contact me once that has happened though.

vickster

Legendary Member
The last thing I heard was that they still haven’t spoken to the driver. That was 2 weeks ago mind you. They said that they would contact me once that has happened though.
Perhaps you could drop the officer dealing with it an email?

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Perhaps you could drop the officer dealing with it an email?
You're right. That's exactly what I did 2 weeks ago. He replied saying that he was no longer dealing with it. I responded within 2 mins of receiving that email, asking for the details of who was actually dealing with it now, and there has been zero response.

Bear in mind, that he took my statement but was the 4th different person that I have been told was dealing with it.

With so many people supposedly involved, or not, I have given up all hope of anything actually being done about it now.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Talk to your lawyer before taking this sort of action, but I'd inclined to take this to the press.
It has actually crossed my mind tbh.

I am awaiting a response from LD before I attempt to contact the Police or anyone else. I would prefer not to jeopardise any payment that they may secure for me. It's presently with the guys insurers, which is likely to take 21 days initially. That was put in only last week, so not expecting a response just yet.

vickster

Legendary Member
Nothing to stop you contacting LD for advice before the 21 days are up. I certainly wouldn’t go to the press (about what anyhow?)

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I think overworked and under prosecuted springs to mind. It does show what you can get away with in a car by comparison of a night out on the town style punch up or common assault. It really is quite strange.
It has actually crossed my mind tbh.

I am awaiting a response from LD before I attempt to contact the Police or anyone else. I would prefer not to jeopardise any payment that they may secure for me. It's presently with the guys insurers, which is likely to take 21 days initially. That was put in only last week, so not expecting a response just yet.
Have you ever had it confirmed the Police have actually contacted him at all?

vickster

Legendary Member
Make sure you keep, scan and file every last bit of paper, receipt, letter etc that comes into your possession regarding the case, as these are all needed for any case. If you're organised now, it'll save you a bunch of time when it comes time for LD to serve the document disclose list!

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I think overworked and under prosecuted springs to mind. It does show what you can get away with in a car by comparison of a night out on the town style punch up or common assault. It really is quite strange.
Have you ever had it confirmed the Police have actually contacted him at all?
No. No confirmation whatsoever.

classic33

Leg End Member
Make sure you keep, scan and file every last bit of paper, receipt, letter etc that comes into your possession regarding the case, as these are all needed for any case. If you're organised now, it'll save you a bunch of time when it comes time for LD to serve the document disclose list!
Your scanner hold out?

Top Bottom