Hit by a car like a rugby lineman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cycling_Samurai

Cycling_Samurai

If my post gave the impression that I was criticising your reply, that wasn't the intention.

I support your assessment of the scenario, and I think my original (and subsequent) posts reflect that... or tried to... perhaps clumsily.

It's important that we're challenged and that as a community we help each other to be as safe as possible on the roads. If we live in an echo chamber, where we all stick together and condemn the other party (MOTORISTS), regardless of truth, we'll all continue to make the same mistakes.

I was simply amused that to the OP, the thread probably took off on a different trajectory to the one they anticipated when they originally decided to share... as lots of them tend to do. And I have sympathy for that, because I could see the
Yes I did, you are correct, partially to find solace and surprisingly got kicked in the pants. I indeed would have thought fellow cyclists would be supportive. I do appreciate everyone posting regardless. Initially I wanted to be defensive in response but I realize their probably right. I need to practice slowing down to avoid trouble. I pass that lady's house almost every time I ride. Also I've had some other experiences which I'm not likely to share as they didn't involve me actually making contact and fearing bodily injury. I especially appreciate your post and ones like it which recognize what's happening.

Last edited:
Top Bottom