Hitchhiking - when did you last?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
Location
County Durham
I noticed a rather dodgy looking chap the other day thumbing for a lift. He gave me a look like he was deciding which rope to tie me up with so I immediately went to lock all the doors.

Then i remembered i was on my bike...:cycle:
 
This came to mind: well, every little helps.


View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ohBUYQJflU
 

Glow worm

Squire
Location
Near Newmarket
Shame hitch hiking seems to be dying out. I'll always pick up a hitch hiker if I'm on my own (Mrs G is less keen). It's a great way of gettng about. I often used to hitch from Aberystwyth to a girfriend's place in Oxford in the late 80s. It was usually quicker than the train.

Only got into one scrape, picking up a hitch hiker very late at night near LLangurig on my way to Newtown. As soon as he got in he put his hand on my thigh. Could have been worse I suppose! he was dropped off after about 50 yards!
 

Globalti

Squire
My brother once hitched back from Scotland in one long summer's day. When he arrived he opened his rucsac, took out a towel and unfolded it to reveal a stinking, honking lump of raw shark steak that a fisherman had given him many hot hours earlier! I think we buried it in the garden and burned the towel, so offensive was the smell.
 
Top Bottom