Hmmm Greyhound or a Collie Cross or ... both...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
What do we do?

The Greyhound is gorgeous, been dumped outside the rescue centre with another one that unfortunately died. 'Sugar' has had an operation on her neck due to abuse but they saved her. She is nervous but we have spoken to a woman from the greyhound rescue centre and she reckons we can work on her and bring her out of it.

I'm just concerned about the felines as we need to keep the dog muzzled, if we take her, in the back garden.

The collie cross is, well, fabulous. Loving, got recall and retrieval skills, placid etc.

What should we do???? ;) BTW, we are taking out time thinking about this, just thought there might be someone with advice around.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
May not be wise to go with both if the greyhound is nervous, but she'd be a massive reward to you both if you got her settled ? How is it with other dogs - if OK then might be OK with both - they'd be good pals......

PS cat's will keep out of the garden with a dog in there...

Plax

Guru
I'd go for the collie cross. My dad has a blue merl collie from the RSPCA. He's an absolute sweetie. Very clever and he's made lots of friends in the village. Quite often when I take him out for a walk strange people come up to say hello that know him (and I haven't a clue who they are!). His nick name is Paddy Tick Tock at the moment though as he picked up a few ticks when camping.

Ted-on-table.jpg

This is Ted, he's a Collie x Springer Spaniel, and he's a rescue dog too.

I can't say enought about how he's settled with us since July last year, and what a really well balanced dog he is.

Having lost our Whisky, 2 1/2 years ago, I would never have guessed that any animal could fit into the space left by Whisky....not replaced....just filled the gap......:blush:

I know they're all different, but the Collie x would get my vote EVERYTIME!

Here's hoping you have an equally rewarding 'new best buddy' into your lives....you're deserving it.....:biggrin:

buggi

Bird Saviour
look, no one on here is going to be able to advise you because in all honesty they are both GREAT dogs. i've had collie crosses and they're fab, but i hear greyhounds are fab too, and my uncle always used to have one.

The only way to settle this is to have both, or the guilt of leaving one behind will kill you :blush:

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Plax said:
I think Paddy Tick Tock should be attached :smile:

Plax - Paddy looks very similar to the one we have seen. We are going back today to have another look, with my dad in tow for a bit of unbiased opinion.

Stoats - Ted looks gorgeous. :biggrin:

Oooohhh I just don't know what to do, but very excited trying to decide!!!

:biggrin:

snapper_37 said:
Plax - Paddy looks very similar to the one we have seen. We are going back today to have another look, with my dad in tow for a bit of unbiased opinion.

Stoats - Ted looks gorgeous. :biggrin:

Oooohhh I just don't know what to do, but very excited trying to decide!!!

:biggrin:

True - he looks contenTed does he not? Good luck with the dog hunt snapper - I'm too weak when it comes to deciding between...I would probably end up with a kennel full.:smile:

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Aperitif said:
True - he looks contenTed does he not? Good luck with the dog hunt snapper - I'm too weak when it comes to deciding between...I would probably end up with a kennel full.:biggrin:

Us too but you have got to be sensible about these things, haven't you?

Double the fun, yes, but also double the bills. Frankly, I don't think we could afford both, especially if the Greyhound needed further treatment to the neck injury she has. :biggrin: :smile:

Greyhounds are the only dog mine doesn't like charging up to and playing with because he can't outrun them. Lovely dogs though and Collies are smart cookies: Hard choice. Another vote for getting both I say.

Top Bottom