Hobbies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
Man you not even talking to me in English any more . :ohmy:
you see! where did i lose you? rebuilding, engine or carburetor? all technical parts of a vehicle or anything wit a petrol engine, apart from modern injection ones, they are different again :tongue:
i could rebuild an engine in a weekend or a very long day if i had everything laid out for me and an assistant to hand me all the professional tools and help hold bits etc
by the sounds of things you wouldn't know how to get the thing out the vehicle, or how to pop the engine head off
engine head gasket, easy quick job for me or a pro mechanic or just a car enthusiast that enjoys the workshop fetteling. for somone that wouldn't trust them selves with a spanner, well this job might be slightly harder!
all depends on your interest, knowledge and skill :smile:
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
gtsiwak

gtsiwak

Regular
you see! where did i lose you? rebuilding, engine or carburetor? all technical parts of a vehicle or anything wit a petrol engine, apart from modern injection ones, they are different again :tongue:
i could rebuild an engine in a weekend or a very long day if i had everything laid out for me and an assistant to hand me all the professional tools and help hold bits etc
by the sounds of things you wouldn't know how to get the thing out the vehicle, or how to pop the engine head off
engine head gasket, easy quick job for me or a pro mechanic or just a car enthusiast that enjoys the workshop fetteling. for somone that wouldn't trust them selves with a spanner, well this job might be slightly harder!
all depends on your interest, knowledge and skill :smile:
Cheers Ed

Goodness - can I be your padavan and you be my Joda .
I got absolutely no clue about engines.

Last edited by a moderator:

young Ed

Veteran
and shooting/hunting can be added to the list
air rifle on rabbit, rat when i can get them, and squirrel really. although soon as i'm 18 i shall get my fire arms certificate and get a proper live rifle for those pesky foxes!
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Goodness - can I be your padavan and you be my Joda .
I got absolutely no clue about engines.
i find you tend to end up learning a thing or two about them when you've been around vehicle and engines and other bits and bobs in one working piece and in many. many pieces on the workbench since you could walk and talk. so probably about 11 year now. been operating big diesel ex-council mowers and tractors and quads etc for a good 5 or 6 years now
my most vivid memory of learning about engines was my dad standing there with this old british motorbike engine out and sitting on the floor with the top part (engine head) off so we could see the inside main working bits that make it all happen (piston and the bits linked to it) and him turning it over, round and round by the drive shaft coming out the engine and talking me through what is happening at every stage and exactly when and how it happens. i just stood there staring at this decapitated engine and listening in wonder!

but at the same time i am by no means a professional or expert, i still have a hell of a lot to learn! and i'm not great with modern engines although i can do them if need be at a push and with help, it's the old, basic mechanical engines that i learnt on and i know properly.
and gearboxes, they still sound like a nightmare come true to me! but i know some people that think a gearbox is a childs toy and would rebuild one in their tea break, at least almost!
Cheers Ed

Last edited by a moderator:

young Ed

Veteran
oh come on, i'm no god you know. just another human being like you!
i can rebuild an engine or pull the trigger and be confident that that rabbit won't see another second of day light. you can build reef aquariums that are beyond me, i'm not great with computers and know those that are 100 times or more better. whilst i can do wood work and it looks alright i'm not great at that and know those that are 1000's of times better, my dad puts me to shame!
whilst i would love to have a go at dry stone walling and hedge laying and no doubt i will one day i've never tried them and no doubt to start with i will be awful. i wasn't born a natural at anything, just hard work, perseverance and growing up around such
Cheers Ed

Glow worm

Legendary Member
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2UZCncfcxGConsPPJMW_SMb1Sb2UHSJmnx0rF2EW9-Qbo02qa.jpg

Complete radio geek here

upload_2015-3-17_22-45-21.jpeg

When this beauty parks up 12 miles off Margate in 1983 with a signal so strong you can hear it on your toaster, and all you've been force fed by the UK Gov is Radio bloody 1, what choice was there?

I still muck about with transmitters nowadays. No one's been able to hear Radio 1 or 2 in my street for a good few years now :evil:
It's for their own good.

Top Bottom