Hobbies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sittingbull

Veteran
........ soon as i'm 18 i shall get my fire arms certificate and get a proper live rifle for those pesky foxes!

tumblr_niy3acHVZJ1u7hkh0o7_500 - Copy (3).gif

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
As this is cycling forum I was wondering what other hobbys people on here have?
My other hobbys are : reef fish tanks and gym . How about you guys ?

The topic has been covered very recently here:

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/2nd-love.174829/

and not so recently here

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/what-other-hobbies-do-you-have.145975/

In addition to the interests that I've already posted, I've taken up butler baiting with @User14044. We're the founding members of the BBC, butler baiting club.

We've never had so much fun with our clothes on.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
and shooting/hunting can be added to the list
air rifle on rabbit, rat when i can get them, and squirrel really. although soon as i'm 18 i shall get my fire arms certificate and get a proper live rifle for those pesky foxes!
Cheers Ed

You sure do like shooting things that can't shoot back! Have you ever thought about joining the fight against the Islamic State?

classic33

Leg End Member
You sure do like shooting things that can't shoot back! Have you ever thought about joining the fight against the Islamic State?
What might seem cute to some are nothing but vermin and disease carriers for others.
The alternate is poison which is slow acting, days at least, as opposed to almost instant if the shot is clean.
If you've ever had to spend a weekend looking for livestock that has been frightened by such animals, your viewpoint would change.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What might seem cute to some are nothing but vermin and disease carriers for others.
The alternate is poison which is slow acting, days at least, as opposed to almost instant if the shot is clean.
If you've ever had to spend a weekend looking for livestock that has been frightened by such animals, your viewpoint would change.

So rabbits and squirrels frighten livestock?

Heigue'r

Veteran
I used to fly rc helicopters and then moved on to "drones" first person view flying, a little bit of aeriel footage etc, for about 5 yrs, I enjoyed both the building of the models and flying them, this was my last "drone"which ive moved on due to lack of use, it is a hobby I hope to get back into once time allows
20140519_210513.jpg
20140519_210513.jpg
20140526_231148.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
So rabbits and squirrels frighten livestock?
Disease carriers and they can attack livestock indirectly.

AndyRM

XOXO
Graphic design, which is also my job so may not count.
Cat wrangling. Though that's easier now we're back to one from three, in a week :sad:
Reviewing extreme music.
General film snobbery.
Russian and existential literature.

byegad

Legendary Member
In no particular order.
Model Railways. I have a small German outline N Gauge model railway.
Photography.
Bird Watching.
Wargaming. That's recreating historical battles with models on a large table, and most definitely not playing with toy soldiers!

ScotiaLass

Guru
and shooting/hunting can be added to the list
air rifle on rabbit, rat when i can get them, and squirrel really. although soon as i'm 18 i shall get my fire arms certificate and get a proper live rifle for those pesky foxes!
Cheers Ed
I'm pretty handy with an air rifle!
Some of my kids were in the Army Cadets and my daughter went on to join the regulars. The instructor said it was a pity the snipers didn't take females as she was such a good shot! :laugh:

Top Bottom