What Other Hobbies Do You Have?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
So figure that I'm on a cycling forum, so whilst the bulk of discussion is on cycling, occasionally you pick up on peoples other hobbies.
Mine, for example, was until this year flying model aircraft and helis (had been for 25 years too), and just by reading about I find @vernon and @andytheflyer have the same hobby. I've only quit for now due to lack of time and no doubt will return when the kids grow up.
So, what other hobbies do people have?

Octet

Veteran
LiquidWeb-Server-Room-Rows-Optimized.jpeg

Computers, networking, servers... anything that will fit in a 19" Rack essentially (not my setup in the picture... but I can dream can't I?)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I failed to mention playing the Uilleanne pipes, CMS web site construction and railway modelling though the latter is an armchair pursuit at the moment as I'm trying to get a quart out of pint pot timewise. The CMS web site activities were spurred on by my spontaneous offer to build an e-commerce web site for a Berlin market trader and negotiations are ongoing. Meanwhile I've picked up two commissions from a trader in Darlington. I have my shed tooled up ready for the commencement of live steam locomotive construction but I suspect that will not commence for a year or two until I'm fully retired and I can fit it in.

J1780

Before my kids arrived along I had too many hobbies to list and commuting to work was for when I was feeling fresh and it was nice out. Now my hobbies are my kids as is everything else and the commute to work is valuable cycle time. Its currently the stuff of dreams to do anything that is not work or child related.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Fishing when I get the chance, and hopefully a return to Field Archery in the Spring.

jhawk

Veteran
I write, play basketball and football.

I'm also a poet - a selection of my poems I've published online here: http://hellopoetry.com/-j-hawkins/

Other than that, my hobbies consist of nought. Writing is something of a passion, and this last year I've worked on a military-fiction novel, which is unfinished and will remain so until I can come back to it with a fresh face. I also write for a cycling webzine and my own site, and I used to write World Affairs-type articles as part of my journalism classes in high school. But that was a couple of years ago, and I've tried to continue that on another blog of mine, "Currently... with Jack".

I'm also trying to get back into reading. But, we'll see how that goes!

Cubist

Still wavin'
Shooting. I used to shoot clays for the Force team, and occasionally for the GB Police team, but it was cripplingly expensive. I now limit myself to game shooting in season, and vermin control out of season. I am assistant coach for the Huddersfield RUFC u 16 team, and manage the West Yorkshire District U16s.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I have collected diecast planes in the past, so here is a picture of a model of unknown origin with another.... 'Interest' for me :blush:
I'm not sure of the hat and tiangular hair, but never mind!

WARNING: Might not be worksafe, although nothing is seen! :laugh::

https://i.4cdn.org/hm/src/1384622402079.jpg

I can hear the Mods scrambling to here as I type this....:

Last edited:

Doseone

Guru
I have collected diecast planes in the past, so here is a picture of a model with another.... 'Interest' for me :blush: :laugh:
I'm not sure of the hat, but never mind:

https://i.4cdn.org/hm/src/1384622402079.jpg

I can hear the Mods running to here as type this....:

Blimey MDB, stick a train in that picture and there's everything you might want!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Blimey MDB, stick a train in that picture and there's everything you might want!

A train in a tunnel?

I do find the whole justapoxition of the picture a bit odd though, i.e. its all a bit of a strange combination of things, and if those are his kids, then.... The date's off!! :laugh:

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Well @cosmicbike you can add me to the list of aero modellers. In fact I used to run a model shop back in the UK.

For Diecast models, ARD (Aviation Retail Direct) at Heathrow and Hillingdon seems to be the main stockist these days in the UK, short of Ebay etc.

Don't share your enthusiasm for Burt Reynolds though!

I have no idea who he is, I just.... Umm.... Came across him!

Top Bottom