What Other Hobbies Do You Have?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have a bit of a passion for PackHorse bridges, & old 'Salt-Ways' when I'm out & about.

That said, normal type hobbies include;
Land Rovers (had 6 over the years)
TVRs (driven quite a few, almost bought a Cerbera, but got a XKR instead)
American 'Muscle Cars' (would love a GTO, SuperBird, or Dodge Dart)
Heavy Haulage
industrial Heritage (pass a World Heritage site quite often - Saltaire Mill)
Steam railways

Used to play Guitar......badly (& had a few goes at 'slap' Bass)

Want a Mandolin
That said, I want a Gretsch G6120, but 'management' says "NO!!"
http://www.gretschguitars.com/products/index.php?partno=2400110812

[qoute="User, post: 2833302, member: 45"]
DSC_0149.jpg
[/quote]

There's a very good one to the north of York that I've visited.
The first time I saw it was purely by chance, as I was nearby for a Cyclo-Cross (@ Ampleforth School) , and passed it on entering the grounds
It was a hard decision whether to race, or just stay there & watch the railway

This one;

http://www.rsme.org.uk/

Saluki

World class procrastinator
My other interests are photography and I really need to get out with my camera soon. I enjoy geocaching but really need to get out and do some. Can combine and have Geography :laugh:^_^
I enjoy watching birds, looking after my tropical fish and my axolotls (digging up worms for them is a daily thing).
Learning guitar takes up a fair bit of time each day. I'd like more time to practice but I have to walk the dogs, run a business and occasionally cook a meal, do housework etc. I listen to a lot of music too.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I have always enjoyed the exchange in a Monty Python sketch when they were parodying a game show and the contestant was asked what his hobbies were. "Golf, strangling animals and masturbating" he replied. The voice over from the commentator, "Oh dear, he was rather let down on the hobbies, golf is not very popular in this part of the country".

From reading here the truth is even more bizarre!

stephec

Legendary Member
I used to play guitar in a band (C&W), I still own 3 guitars but don't play anywhere near as much as I used to.
Photography - it's been a passion since I was a teenager. I love developing my own film and printing, unfortunately we don't have a darkroom at home (when I was 15 my dad built me one at home and I had it until I left home at 19) but it's something we hope to be able to rectify in the future :smile:

Did you print colour?

I had a box room set up for b+w, and the odd bit of IR, before kids came along.

Nowadays I've just redisovered Airfix, and about a month ago I bought a banjo ukelele.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Did you print colour?

I had a box room set up for b+w, and the odd bit of IR, before kids came along.

Nowadays I've just redisovered Airfix, and about a month ago I bought a banjo ukelele.
No, just mono. We did colour at college during my HNC but I much preferred mono! I spent as much time as I could in the college darkroom, it had superb facilities!

Cubist

Still wavin'
Have a bit of a passion for PackHorse bridges

I'm calling Troll. ^_^

Have recently got into building or modifying my own Hi-Fi components.

Here's a rather crude but fantastic sounding DAC with series regulators and an input buffer.

Next stage is to minimise the gap between the components and pop it in a metal chassis.

IMG_4473.JPG

Kies

I think @ianrauk saw the similarities .... Swap the world golf for cycling and you get ....

Golf cycling? Weirdo!.
I mean...golf cycling to me means going out in all weathers with your mates or sometimes on your own. Wearing strange looking clothing and always looking at and buying expensive kit.
Who would want to do that?..OH!

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Have recently got into building or modifying my own Hi-Fi components.

Here's a rather crude but fantastic sounding DAC with series regulators and an input buffer.

Next stage is to minimise the gap between the components and pop it in a metal chassis.

View attachment 34739
That is brilliant!:thumbsup:
How much influence does the type of cardboard box have on the sound:crazy:
:biggrin:

Kies

Photography has always been a passion of mine.
Golf - a newbie, but not enough time to fit it in with cycling, and i'm NOT giving that up!!!
Tropical fish - who needs a TV when you can watch mother nature in your living room. I have community fish in a freshwater tank, but hope to move up soon, saltwater, living coral etc

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well @cosmicbike you can add me to the list of aero modellers. In fact I used to run a model shop back in the UK. Don't share your enthusiasm for Burt Reynolds though!
Not particularly a fan of Burt, but a huge fan of 'Smokey & The Bandit', only the first one mind, the rest were trash. Mind you, 'Hooper' was pretty good too...

Top Bottom