What Other Hobbies Do You Have?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I had aircraft modelling in mind for next year,however, a fellow member here showed me a little of what is required and it seems too expensive for a hobby I might not like after all.

I've had many hobbies over the years, from playing football to horse riding. My doggy knees prevent me from playing football, basketball or tennis anymore. Cycling appears to be my only bit of exercise hobby type I do. Guitar playing, bike mechanic, wheel building and lately rubik's cube solving are my current hobbies.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I had aircraft modelling in mind for next year,however, a fellow member here showed me a little of what is required and it seems too expensive for a hobby I might not like after all.

I don't know about RC Aircraft, but certainly the diecast modelling side can be fairly expensive too, particularly if you go for the larger scales like 1:200 and bigger.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Guitar teaching is my job, so staying on top of my playing is a big 'drain' of my spare time (although I do enjoy it lol).
I've almost finished restoring (it's taking a long time) a 1956 BSA motorbike and I was given a kit car last year that I will put on the road once the weather improves - so a bit of mechanic/spanner twirling. I have also been known to stick together and slap some paint on the odd Airfix kit.
And sometimes, I get chance to ride a bike!

Inthecup

Golf is my main hobby playing 2-3 times a week with maybe another nights practice (desperately trying to get down to 3!). I find cycling helps keep my fitness up and the joints looser.

Also fly fishing and occasional salmon fishing.

asterix

Comrade Member
[QUOTE 2833302, member: 45"]
DSC_0149.jpg
[/quote]

You make gigantic models of railway stations?! Chapeau!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Golf is my main hobby playing 2-3 times a week with maybe another nights practice (desperately trying to get down to 3!). I find cycling helps keep my fitness up and the joints looser.

Also fly fishing and occasional salmon fishing.

Golf? Weirdo!.
I mean...Golf to me means going out in all weathers with your mates or sometimes on your own. Wearing strange looking clothing and always looking at and buying expensive kit.
Who would want to do that?..OH!

Cycleops

Legendary Member

I've had many hobbies over the years, from playing football to horse riding. My doggy knees prevent me from playing football, basketball or tennis anymore. Cycling appears to be my only bit of exercise hobby type I do. Guitar playing, bike mechanic, wheel building and lately rubik's cube solving are my current hobbies.

Aircraft modelling need not be expensive, rather like cycling. Start off with a simple balsa kit (something like a powered glider) and take it from there. Secondhand rc equipment is quite cheap for the older gear. Wouldn't like to see you pummeling away on your rubiks cube forever! That really would be sad.

asterix

Comrade Member
Golf? Weirdo!.
I mean...Golf to me means going out in all weathers with your mates or sometimes on your own. Wearing strange looking clothing and always looking at and buying expensive kit.
Who would want to do that?..OH!

They also hit their balls with clubs, often whilst lying in a bunker. Definitely weird.

nappadang

Über Member
Birdwatching, cycling, and a bit of PC gaming and reading are all time allows these days.
I've lost weight so I'd like to get back into climbing. I love spending time in the hills but seldom get the chance. I don't own a canoe these days but can borrow one whenever . I used to be so active and cycling is helping me get back to my former fitness levels

ScotiaLass

Guru
I used to play guitar in a band (C&W), I still own 3 guitars but don't play anywhere near as much as I used to.
Photography - it's been a passion since I was a teenager. I love developing my own film and printing, unfortunately we don't have a darkroom at home (when I was 15 my dad built me one at home and I had it until I left home at 19) but it's something we hope to be able to rectify in the future :smile:

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
Collecting, Fly reels and rods pre 1950, Singer sewing machines pre 1960, Vintage hand tools, oh and bicycles. Always useable items and they all get used, that's what they were made for after all:thumbsup::laugh:

Top Bottom