Hobbies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Model railways (N Gauge - not really got started but read the magazines :rolleyes: )
Woodworking (very poor at this, but it is great :tongue:)
Narrowboating (maybe more of a dream, Mrs Cisamcgu is not too fond of the idea of selling the family mansion and moving to a floating tube 6'10" wide :wacko: )
Astronomy (but gave most of my scopes away to the local school because when we moved to the afore mentioned mansion it had a bl**dy great streetlight shining into the garden :sad: )

I love hobbies though - I could get a new on every week

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
competitive power lifting my Labrador.
Like this? :smile::okay:

200365218-003.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 3595558, member: 9609"]Livestock that is frightened by Squirrels and Rabbits and then taking a weekend to find - do you have an example of this ?

and shooting animals with an air rifle can often result in a long slow painful death.[/QUOTE]
How about reading and quoting the full post in which foxes were mentioned.

I stand by what I said about rabbits and squirrels being classed as vermin/disease carriers.

young Ed

Veteran
wouldn't mind putting a piece of high velocity lead through that foxes head! ;) only good fox/rabbit/squirrel etc is a dead one
Its wascally wabitts you need to watch out for.
they fear me, from past experiences of me!
You sure do like shooting things that can't shoot back! Have you ever thought about joining the fight against the Islamic State?

[QUOTE 3595558, member: 9609"]Livestock that is frightened by Squirrels and Rabbits and then taking a weekend to find - do you have an example of this ?

and shooting animals with an air rifle can often result in a long slow painful death.[/QUOTE]
whilst i only shoot with an air rifle currently (not old enough to buy a shot gun and/or rifle my self yet) i only ever pull that trigger if i'm sure the animal will drop dead straight away with one shot. if i'm not completely confident i don't pull, simples. this is one of my basic principles when hunting in any method, be that shooting, bow+arrow(not tried this one yet), snaring (only done a hand full), ferreting (again only very little) etc etc, ensure the animal is from live and healthy to dead as a door knocker as quickly as possible
I'm pretty handy with an air rifle!
Some of my kids were in the Army Cadets and my daughter went on to join the regulars. The instructor said it was a pity the snipers didn't take females as she was such a good shot! :laugh:
:thumbsup: not being sexist but it is nice to hear of some lasses shooting. not many about :sad:
Land Rovers (had 5)
:thumbsup:!!! :biggrin:

as for the hunting/shooting/pest debate, rabbits eat the plants on my parents plant nursery (the whole family lives off the nursery) and they eat small trees we plant up in the fields and hedge rows etc, rats spread disease and eat livestock feed, squirrels eat live stock feed and can spread disease in certain cases, foxes eat young lambs and worry ewes to the point they can abort their lambs before they are even born and then we have the loss of money from those lambs and problems with still births etc etc, all birds such as pigeon etc eat livestock feed and spread disease.
you see, to me they are all pests in some way or another and many of them are tasty such as pigeon, rabbit and squirrel so they get eaten or given to those with ferrets or dogs that are fed raw meats

you see i'm not one of these redneck, hill billy american types that will shoot anything that moves with 1000 bullets from a machine gun for no reason!
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom