Holding cars up...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

My theory was a variant on Dellzeqq's - that Bicycle claims all the virtual space he can as a proxy for all the tarmac he cravenly surrenders yet secretly longs to possess.

Sir/Madam

I do possess some tarmac!

In my youth I was a huge collector of parking tickets & frequently had my car towed... A well-meaning friend was passing some roadworks and took from a pile of dug-up road surface a 2-foot length of Double Yellow Line on tarmac. I still have it in the garden, next to my piece of Berlin Wall.

New definitions: Not wanting to inconvenience other road users for the sake of it = cravenly surrendering tarmac.

Also, I'm sure lots of people find my prose style boring. I post on this forum to amuse myself. Why should I worry what other people think of my writing?

If your opinion of my writing were a car, it would be a 1980 Renault 20 TS. Which may be a good thing, depending on your opinion of the Renault 20.

:ohmy:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I prefer fart jokes.

Why did the skeleton burp?
Because he didn't have the guts to.....

Actually I apologise this is neither the time or the place, sorry :blush:

Bicycle

Bill Hicks!

Oddly enough, my children do watch Bill Hicks clips on YouTube.

He was an insanely funny man.

They also watch films by Danis Tanovic, Ademir Kenovic, Wolfgang Petersen and Srdjan Dragojevic... all of them ceaselessly bleak and terribly bloody.

I just don't like the idea of them watching someone being offensive to other road users.

Not that I have any say in what they watch... :sad:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Bill Hicks!

Oddly enough, my children do watch Bill Hicks clips on YouTube.

He was an insanely funny man.

They also watch films by Danis Tanovic, Ademir Kenovic, Wolfgang Petersen and Srdjan Dragojevic... all of them ceaselessly bleak and terribly bloody.

I just don't like the idea of them watching someone being offensive to other road users.

Not that I have any say in what they watch... :sad:

You're right - she was utterly vile, wasn't she? But at least the video exposed her as a jealous, angry f**kwit behind the wheel. Which is all quality stuff, if it's the didactic element that interests you...

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Who was banned?

I believe col was, check out "support and feedback" for confirmation. Don't know who else, I get the impression that I may have missed a load of posts where it all kicked off, one of the many problems with having to work!

Bicycle

You're right - she was utterly vile, wasn't she? But at least the video exposed her as a jealous, angry f**kwit behind the wheel. Which is all quality stuff, if it's the didactic element that interests you...

Sir/Madam,

She was quite vile. I've said as much in my posts. The video did expose that. You are right to say so.

She was also a very poor driver and showed no courtesy. Ghastly business!

I thought the cyclist who filmed it was offensive too.

Neither exhibited bevaviour that adds in a positive way to the sum of human knowledge.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Sir/Madam,

She was quite vile. I've said as much in my posts. The video did expose that. You are right to say so.

Neither exhibited bevaviour that adds in a positive way to the sum of human knowledge.

Unlike this thread, of course.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Sir/Madam,

Cobblers. Such utter cobblers, in fact, that it could tempt one to the sort of utterance that sensitive sorts and diligent Moderators characterise as "playing the man, not the ball". Lee spotted immediately what you were up to in your first despicably disingenuous post on this thread, and I'm afraid everything you've written is more of the same. Oblige me by not pretending partly to agree with me, would you? A preference for Vs over Discs aside, we agree about precisely nothing.

Top Bottom