Holding cars up...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
[QUOTE 1611363"]
Come off it, the above is a load of bollox and you know it.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I was joking Cranky.

Hopefully Maggers knows me well enough to realize that.

:smile: Of course I do Crackle.

I'll send to a signed copy....of course I need to write the damn thing, get it published etc....

As for coming back more, I honestly don't have the time. Lots on at work, at home, and at my damn fine blog......oh wait that's self promotion again.....perhaps I paid that lady driver......;)

potsy

Rambler
Great vid mags, keep 'em coming.
I hope for the drivers sake it was just a bad day for her and she's not like that all the time :laugh:

Crankarm

Guru
Bicycle said:
I find myself baffled sometimes how some road users seem to find discord and anger where I find only the joy of cycling or driving. I may just be extraordinarily lucky in having hardly ever seen anything that infuriates me in 40 years of cycling and 30 as a driver.

Really .............. 40 years you say you've been cycling and 30 years driving and hardly seen anything that has remotely infuriated you. Blimey. You should go to Specsavers or perhaps leave your village in the sleepy Welsh borders ;) ? What are you drinking?

Origamist

Legendary Member
I don't think it's wrong for people to do something about poor driving. I do not disagree entirely with what the poster of this clip is doing. I am explicit about that in my earlier post. That doesn't stop me from finding it a little crass, artless and self-regarding. The OP put it up and invited comment. I am in the minority on this forum, but that is my view.

I find myself baffled sometimes how some road users seem to find discord and anger where I find only the joy of cycling or driving. I may just be extraordinarily lucky in having hardly ever seen anything that infuriates me in 40 years of cycling and 30 as a driver.

......Snip....

Funny clip in some ways, but disturbing in others.

For someone who attests to find only joy in cycling and driving, you're easily aerated and disturbed by Mag's video. You're also very quick to detect crassness, artlessness and self-regard in the behaviour of others on a cycling forum. I'm adducing from this incongruity that your self-styled maverick status is little more than interweb posturing and quarrelsomeness.

It's also a bit rich that you, Mr Prolixity, would admonish someone else for indulging in a "mini-lecture"!

classic33

Leg End Member
:smile: Of course I do Crackle.

I'll send to a signed copy....of course I need to write the damn thing, get it published etc....

As for coming back more, I honestly don't have the time. Lots on at work, at home, and at my damn fine blog......oh wait that's self promotion again.....perhaps I paid that lady driver......;)

Is the book going to be in hard print or electronic print?
The latter may give the chance to include some of your more (in)famous videos. If the latter how are you going sed a signed copy?

What for!!

[QUOTE 1611363"]
Come off it, the above is a load of bollox and you know it. ****ing hell, did anyone else not see the irony and sense of humour in the OP's vid? Driver complains how cyclist holds her up yet has just been stuck in traffic for gawd knows how long. No more, no less, Mag don't need some sort of psyche assessment on a cycling forum. No wonder he don't come on here no more and who can blame him.
[/quote]

+ another 1

Bicycle

Really .............. 40 years you say you've been cycling and 30 years driving and hardly seen anything that has remotely infuriated you. Blimey. You should go to Specsavers or perhaps leave your village in the sleepy Welsh borders ;) ? What are you drinking?

Tee Hee... I'm a Londoner really and cycle a lot there. I spend most of my time here in the Marches because it's more peaceful here...

As to Specsavers, I had an eye test recently because my eyes were getting tired. To my astonishment it turned out I had perfect vision.

These days I'm particularly fond of Rioja and the occasional glass of Gaillac, a white from the South of France.

beastie

Guru
[QUOTE 1611377"]
The above is a great example of why you never ever, ever, ever........ever split a lane - ever. With all due respect what a moron riding the way he did in that position. The van was a close pass but he had nowhere to go because of the undertake on the n/s

[/quote]

Exactly right

doog

Ive been watching some of the OP's youtube vids
biggrin.gif
. This helmet cam thing is getting out of hand.

The guy is something else and my self exile from commuting forums since my bike radar days has thankfully saved me from this comedy show.

Picking on lone female drivers at traffic lights for actually doing nothing other than offering a hand gesture is quite low down on his list of achievements.

One highlight for me is the "you spat at me, you spat at me" incident with the taxi driver
laugh.gif
who clearly passed him with over 3 feet to spare (wasnt enough apparently).

It makes me feel like throttling the next cyclist with a helmet cam who sticks it in my direction in an effort to justify having the damn thing on his head.

Sara_H

Guru
[QUOTE 1611363"]
Come off it, the above is a load of bollox and you know it. ****ing hell, did anyone else not see the irony and sense of humour in the OP's vid? Driver complains how cyclist holds her up yet has just been stuck in traffic for gawd knows how long. No more, no less, Mag don't need some sort of psyche assessment on a cycling forum. No wonder he don't come on here no more and who can blame him.
[/quote]

What he said ^.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I must admit I'm quite sceptical of Bicycle's cycling credentials after rather too many posts like that one. He really does seem remarkably anti-bicycle, and I say that as a little bit of a petrolhead.

It's a load of old tosh anyway, Magnatom. Your video was great, I loved it, I loved how you were so calm and happy, and had a laugh, and how she was so remarkably angry with no justification whatsoever.

Top Bottom