Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Currently looking at a short break over Easter in Fuerteventura plus a July holiday in Montenegro. Somewhere different methinks in 2023 as neither child will be coming with us.

Adam4868

Guru
I've been looking at the price of flights to somewhere near Kerala. Ruinously pricey at the moment, but not entirely awful in late January. The Western Ghats beckon.
Is Kovalam....Lighthouse beach still a thing ? Used to love it around there.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
as our normal period for booking next years holiday is here, my wife was told prices to go abroad were getting stupid, seriously stupid.
So given we had an absolutely wonderful time this year in Weymouth with two of the grandkids, we invited our son, DIL and their 2, maybe 3 to come with us next summer on a static caravan site.
We will get to enjoy 4 maybe 5 grandkids, son and DIL into 2 caravans
I don't really miss the hols abroad anymore, we had plenty and loved all of them, but this last year with 2 grandkids re opened our eyes to simple pleasures, days on the beach just watching them having fun.
I can't wait, I feel like a big kid :laugh:

Weymouth beach and harbour are lovely places.
Whilst there, have you been to Portland Bill? It's well worth the trip.

Reactions: gbb

Adam4868

Guru
We never got that far south. Marari was the closest we got.
Sure it's gorgeous but it doesn't ring a bell.Love Kerala though,well I love India full stop.Stopped in Lighthouse beach a few times,once for 4 months.Well once you get comfy it was hard to leave 😁
I'm sure it's changed a lot since I was last there.

gbb

Legendary Member
Weymouth beach and harbour are lovely places.
Whilst there, have you been to Portland Bill? It's well worth the trip.

Weymouth has been a family favourite forever, we used to take a touring caravan there when ours were kids, must have stayed there half a dozen times years ago. For us and the kids, there are so many fond memories, Portland, Chesil beach, our son spending all day fishing off the harbour, so many memories we are now starting to share and form with the grandkids.
This last summer we took Imogen (6) and Luke (8), they've never been on holiday and the joy it gave them was beyond measure. One day I walked them about a mile to Bowleaze Cove, on the way we found a dead shrew , tiny little thing and pondered what had happened to it. The kids still remember it, its the little stuff that forms memories that can last for years. You see their faces light up as you talk about that week.
I can't wait for next summer , dunno who's more excited :whistle:

Until the boiler disaster this morning I did have LOL

Have been tentatively planning a ride on the Llangollen canal. Plan was to spend a night in Nantwich for a dawn start, then have another night at the end of the canal before coming back.

Have to wait and see now as new boilers are expensive!

Top Bottom