Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Kenya safari in 3 weeks, can’t wait! Especially now it’s absolutely freezing here!

Ohhhh, Enjoy! Have you done Safari before?

I'm very jealous. We had family in Zimbabwe and did Safari in most of their National Parks, plus Botswana, Namibia, Kenya and Zambia. But have not been back for 15 years.

On the subject of freezing. We camped in Namibia. In their winter and not appreciating the effect of the Antarctic current which runs up the coast. Well below Zero at night and skiing thermals needed around the evening camp fire. We did not have them and were envious of the guy who did.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Ohhhh, Enjoy! Have you done Safari before?

I'm very jealous. We had family in Zimbabwe and did Safari in most of their National Parks, plus Botswana, Namibia, Kenya and Zambia. But have not been back for 15 years.

Yes, as part of a wedding trip to Tanzania in 2003! Friend was pregnant with her daughter who is now 18!!

I'm just looking forward to being somewhere warm!! :cold:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It's been an expensive, or to-be-expensive, morning. Holidays/trips booked to:

- Belfast for SWMBO to visit Family. A week in February.
- Fuertaventura in April for a few days for both of us.
- Montenegro in July for 10 days for both of us.

Now to sort out bike hire for a couple of days in each :okay:

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Travel / Hols are mine and the Wife's absolute passion and what we work, scrimp, save and give other stuff up for. Not long back from a near month long trip to San Fran, Los Angeles, San Diego, Chicago and New York.

For 2023 we already have a ‘cheap week’ to the Canary Islands booked in March to cover the wife’s Birthday. And also booked for New York just before Christmas. If you haven’t ever regarding the latter: you just should 😎

Might well do something else mid-Summer 🤷‍♂️ And then do another singular big one in 2024; to either the Far East or South America for 3 or 4 weeks.

Love all Travel. And so envious reading of some of your fabulous trips and plans…..

Hard to imagine enjoying Llandudno. But be my guest
Some years ago I was due to enjoy a trip round Great Orme in a rally car, (I was navigating for a mate), but the rear suspension detached itself (!) so we retired before we got there.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Just got back last night from a week's holiday in Gran Canaria. The temperature was usually 23C-25C but on a day trip to Puerto Rico it was 33C! Way too hot for me.

Some tips from someone who had costly lessons over time:
1. Pay for it with Visa, MC or Amex. Anything goes wrong there is re-course
2. Make sure the temp range is what you hoping for this alone can kill a holiday
3. Do not go anywhere where Brits are expected in numbers.
4. When in Rome and that includes clothes - experience is richer
5. Plan also for the nights - night markets, street food, romantic cafes, nitespot with great band
6. Most places begin life later in the day with the exception of safaris so don't tire yourself and skips nights.
7. Capture the memories - photos and videos, you can curate them later
8. Asia, Africa and South America, locals are less reserved, happy to meet foreigners and enjoy a chat, take photos with them.

Enjoy your break.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
It's sunny here. ^_^

IMG_20221220_144548.jpg

IMG-20221219-WA0018.jpeg

IMG-20221220-WA0004.jpg

Gwylan

Veteran
Well cyclo touring has been knocked on the head by the management.
Still want to do the Danube, Vienna to the Black Sea. Have done the other bits. Found the German guide whilst looking for invoices and bank statements.
But some bits might not be wise at the moment or possible soon.
Moselle will be busy with locals.

Management advises I can have a spring outing to the Med coast. Take bikes and Vanessa. A compromise of sorts.

Top Bottom