Holidays '21: Dare to dream?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I've booked a 3 week tour of Cornwall starting on 12th April and staying at 4 different CL sites with our caravan.
We were going to do it last year but lockdown was announced to start 4 days before we were due to go. :sad:
Fingers crossed for this time.
We normally spend most of March to October in the van - popping back home to pick up the post and cut the lawns.

Booked for the Lakes in the summer. I'd not be as optimistic if I was planning on going abroad.

As they say though I would be delighted to be proved wrong with overseas travel being realistic.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Sorry to p*** on your chips, but I very much doubt it will go ahead. A lovely idea though, and one of the rides I've just never quite been able to get done when staying in Annecy. If the stars align and you do get to go, I can also recommend a great climb up from Challiere to La Chambotte (top left of your photo, on the East side of Lac du Bourget. There is an amazing viewpoint (and expensive terraced restaurant ) at La Chambotte with superb views along the lake to the Grand Colombier and the Rhone valley. Not to be missed.

If you do get to go, I shall have to live vicariously through your posts. I'll be jealous, but I reckon this pandemic has put an end to my Alpine cycling days. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
We had booked a week in Cornwall for 2020, which we have carried over to 2021 in the hope that it can go ahead, but I am not overly confident of it.
We also had a weekend at Butlins (music festival) booked for November 2020, which has been carried over to 2021. I guess there is a chance that this one might actually happen.
Other than those, we have no holiday plans. We live about 7 minutes walk from a lovely beach, so we don't really need to go anywhere but here.......

tyred

Legendary Member
OK good point ... ... how do you get to work ?
I work from home but you are allowed to travel if you can justify it according to a criteria of essential journeys. Exercise doesn't count.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Falling positive cases, the vulnerable vaccinated, ... why are we allowing a bunch of idiot politicians and facist professors to do this to us ... just read the disappointment and sometime despair in this thread .... why are we allowing it to happen !!
Has fear of fear itself overwhelmed us ?

Anywayup .... back on topic ... sorry chaps ...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Falling positive cases, the vulnerable vaccinated, ... why are we allowing a bunch of idiot politicians and facist professors to do this to us ... just read the disappointment and sometime despair in this thread .... why are we allowing it to happen !!
Has fear of fear itself overwhelmed us ?
It's not overwhelmed us and it is fear of death.

I do fear that daffodils ranting against lockdowns because "wah wah I want mi holibobs" will push Boris and co to unlock too far too fast, both yet again robbing us of data on which restrictions make the biggest difference and surging case numbers, at best condemning a lot of under 50s to lifelong complications from covid and at worst allowing breeding space for vaccine-resistant variants to develop.

So while I would love to use my vouchers for a foreign trip,I want it to be allowed only if it makes public health sense.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Talking about this with the wife and she really, really doesn't want to fly. Even with the vaccination there's a chance and being in a tin tube amplifies that risk (she is in the extremely vulnerable group) so we're hoping May gets cancelled and we can reorganise for Sep/Oct 21 or May 22 when we'll drive to Spain instead. At least that way we're in control of the situation at all times.

Top Bottom