Holidays '21: Dare to dream?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Talking about this with the wife and she really, really doesn't want to fly. Even with the vaccination there's a chance and being in a tin tube amplifies that risk (she is in the extremely vulnerable group) so we're hoping May gets cancelled and we can reorganise for Sep/Oct 21 or May 22 when we'll drive to Spain instead. At least that way we're in control of the situation at all times.
I wonder if we will have decent personal filter hoods for use on trains and planes by then. Easier than for medics as passengers don't need to move as much.

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Talking about this with the wife and she really, really doesn't want to fly. Even with the vaccination there's a chance and being in a tin tube amplifies that risk (she is in the extremely vulnerable group) so we're hoping May gets cancelled and we can reorganise for Sep/Oct 21 or May 22 when we'll drive to Spain instead. At least that way we're in control of the situation at all times.

One of the reasons for France is because we don't have to fly. I don't fancy that myself.

DRM

Guru
I can’t see our postponed 2020 trip to Burgundy happening this year, we were really looking forward to it, but I think things won’t be back to normal in time

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We booked a week in Cornwall.
Cornwall is basically fully booked for August.
We had booked a week in Cornwall for 2020, which we have carried over to 2021 in the hope that it can go ahead, but I am not overly confident of it.
we have booked Cornwall in August. It should be fine. We did Devon last year in August too and it was socially distant but work ok.
I expect our weekend mini rugby tour to Norfolk in May is not happening.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
We booked a week in Cornwall.
Cornwall is basically fully booked for August.
Looks like plenty of availability for a week mid August on accommodation search engines. The usual scammers say things "90% of properties are fully booked" halfway down the results pages, but they have been cautioned for that before. No need to panic buy yet IMO, unless you have your heart set on a specific place.

You're made of sterner stuff than I am if you'll drive from Scotland to Spain for a holiday. Unless the travel becomes part of the holiday withplenty of stops of course.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
You're made of sterner stuff than I am if you'll drive from Scotland to Spain for a holiday. Unless the travel becomes part of the holiday withplenty of stops of course.
We did it 2019 and yes, travel became part of the holiday. No more than 4 or 5 hours driving a day (except through UK) and saw some beautiful places. Although we got the Portsmouth - Bilbao ferry last time and I'm not doing that again.

Take 3 weeks - 6 days to meander down to Benidorm - meet the grandchildren there, stay a week then another week to meander back. Paris, Montpelier, Barcelona, Valencia, Benidorm, Madrid, Zaragosa, Bordeaux ..... I may be daring to dream ^_^

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I have a staycation at my favourite spot in Hong Kong (Lamma Island) for Easter and again for the first week August, in case we still can't travel by then.
'
But, we have plans to see friends in Japan for Xmas but nothing booked until August as I need to see my school timetable for next year.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Got 10 day s booked in the Lakes for Summer, in our motorhome (it's a PVC..). Fingers crossed, but if it can't go ahead then it's cost nothing.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We used to do south of France by car, most years, 1000 miles from here. Always had at least 2 overnight stops and made that a big part of the holiday.........especially the one in France when we would always find somewhere to buy REAL French bread, cheese and wine.
It helped that we could do 3 weeks...I would not fancy it for just 2 weeks.

Top Bottom