home built trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

starhawk

It's beginning to look like a trike:smile: But those steering arms looks very queer, a sharp turn and you are likely to loose the outside one, besides that it's more comfortable in the long run to have the hands vertical rather than horizontal. And what about that "spear" you have in the front :huh: looks pretty scary, or are you planning to mount a bumper there?

byegad

Legendary Member
I tend to agree that the bars could use some work, the bend in the wrist to use those might prove uncomfortable. Time and a few miles will tell. Great that you have the skills to get this far and I'm sure you'll end up with a workable ride soon. Well done.

OP
OP
X

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
Hi, it still looks pretty much like it does in the video, but hopefully will dust it off in the new year with a view to finish it for the summer,

:smile:thanks for the interest

young Ed

Veteran
awesome go for it
seats are easy to make!
atomiczombie4-w600h318.jpg

OP
OP
X

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
WP_20140120_001.jpg
WP_20140120_002.jpg
Some more bits done over January,

I've moved the mount for the suspension,
straightened the handle bars to a more comfortable angle and fitted a chain guide wheel
I have also made a start on the seat, still work in progress.

fixedfixer

Veteran
So how are you moving along with the build? Looking good so far.

OP
OP
X

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
Hi everyone,
this trike is now for sale
It's in pretty much the state you see it in these pictures
I had a lot of fun with it last summer, but a major house move a new job and a new hobby, means this trike is not going to get finished,
Its all working in its ratty state
all it needs is a comfy seat and a lick of paint could do with a new chain too,

It's now located in Plymouth, I would prefer collection on payment, but could deliver with in a reasonable distance for fuel money or could dis-mantle if you sort a courier, I'm open to sensible offers please, thanks Rhys

classic33

Leg End Member
Hi everyone,
this trike is now for sale
It's in pretty much the state you see it in these pictures
I had a lot of fun with it last summer, but a major house move a new job and a new hobby, means this trike is not going to get finished,
Its all working in its ratty state
all it needs is a comfy seat and a lick of paint could do with a new chain too,

It's now located in Plymouth, I would prefer collection on payment, but could deliver with in a reasonable distance for fuel money or could dis-mantle if you sort a courier, I'm open to sensible offers please, thanks Rhys
Sorry to hear that you've had to put it up for sale. After the work you put into it.
Hopefully you get what you want pricewise, hopefully a bit more.

Best o'luck in the new job as well.

D

Deleted member 26715

I think this was a great project, unfortunately you are too far from me to consider finishing it off, but it's got me thinking about building my own this summer, I was looking at the plans on that American site, but I have to admit I'd prefer under seat steering but have suspension at the back, but they don't seem to offer that.

Top Bottom