home built trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
@young Ed, you get the Atomic Zombie book?
nah, sorry
sort of lost the idea of building a trike :sad: a fair bit of work came my way :smile: and a few other bits and so i had no time for workshop projects, TBH a new road bike (much needed) came my way so didn't even feel much of a need
oh well, someday i will build a trike. although it just might not be for a few years until i have settled down work wise and work for my self :smile:
Cheers Ed

screenman

Legendary Member
Ive spent just over £200 on materials and a new factory one will set you back over a grand,

I am still none the wiser, so I am out.

If you do not know what you want for it can I suggest an auction site maybe the way to go.

I am still none the wiser, so I am out.

If you do not know what you want for it can I suggest an auction site maybe the way to go.

I would suggest an off the thread PM might have been the way to go

FYI
I sold 2 finished Streetfox variants last year and got £400 and £425
terrierIIatmums.jpg

they were both ready to ride ,

this was the £425 one
Fitted with 24" wheels, 18 gears, Under Seat Steering and straight boom these were going to be our holiday trikes before I built the 20/20 e-trikes The length was the reason I sold them as they would not fit in the boot of the mondeo with panniers

Unfortunately as a seller you will never recuperate the reward for building one as UK wages/rewards are much higher than china and if built in the UK would represent a price tag in excess of £3000 to make viable as an income .

As a buyer you get something that was built with care in the UK that will last and be repairable unlike some imports !!!!

Down side for someone buying the part built is the strip, spray and refit that takes 2 x 1/2 days and 2 days to spray with rattle cans or £120 approx to have powder coated

Just my tupenny worth

regards emma

Last edited:

young Ed

Veteran
not interested in buying this great build my self but if i were to put a price tag on it i would say easily £300-£350 minimum
i have dealt (both bought and sold) hand made bits my self (leather work, wood work, knives, axes etc) and am used to and understand why these items go for a fair hefty sum due to the sheer amount of work and effort that has gone into such a piece
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom